Easton, PA to Arlington, VA

crstrm

Trying to figure out the best route from Easton, PA to Arlington, VA

Streets&Trips has us going 78>476>95>495 into Arlington. Wondering if there is a better route (e.g., continue on 78 to ???)

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

Argo,

Thanks for the reminder about no propane in tunnels. Although we were born and raised on the east coast (NY & NJ), we've never traveled there in an RV.  Nearly all of our travels have been out west.  Just a good reminder. Thanks.

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

I am surprised that you have received so little in response. We did travel some in that area but it has been too long ago for any advice I might give to be of much value. I did pull the route up on Google Maps and also on my Garmin Basecamp and both suggest US22 rather than I78. They also suggested as an alternate route, US22, I78, I83, 581, US15, I270, I495, 267, I66.  Looks more complicated, but you might check it out. I hope that someone who has traveled that area recently will join in.   😏

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

For me I would take the original route you said, or consider 22 to 476. At Baltimore take the west side of the beltway toward Towson/Timonium and the pick up 95 again on the south side. The other way Kirk has suggested is going to be longer and once you get to Frederick MD on 15 and 270 you are going to hit traffic too although all the areas will depend on time of day and day of week.

I-78 to I-81 to I-83 to I-695W to I-95 may be a little bit longer, but will avoid the tolls on the PA turnpike, DE/MD section of I-95 and the Key Bridge on I-695E. In my experience, traffic on the beltways around Baltimore and Washington is always a crap shoot. Mid-day is best, but no guarantee.

Edited by trailertraveler