A great place to get you Class A ford engine serviced or repaired by Honest people

Travis

We recently had our 1999 Class A Pace Arrow develop an engine problem with hard starting and sending codes. These days not every Ford dealer will work on RVs, much less a 35 foot Class A. I was camping in Mayo, Florida, and called various dealers trying to find one that would work on our RV. I finally reached Park Ford of Gainesville, Florida, and service advisor, Bill Stoufer. He did everything he could to accommodate the issue that we lived in our RV, even letting us stay over night in their parking lot one night. (We have two dogs). When all was said and done, the rv was repaired and we were up and running. They refuse to just throw parts at you to try and fix something.  They methodically seek a true answer to the problem.   It was very, very reasonable and these people are so honest.  I also got nothing but kindness and respect, as well as great service from the mechanics/technician, Brad Nixon, who did the actual work. Brad was also very friendly with our two dogs.

I highly recommend Park Ford of Gainesville, FL,  for your Ford engine service and repairs.

Thanks and keep the faith,

Travis SKP319 

Edited by Travis
auto correct errors

A short clarification for all.  

According to Travis's profile, this was his first post and his Escapees membership number is 319 (indicating he has been an Escapees member, for more than 30 years).

That didn't seem plausible to me, but I was wrong.

It turns out this first-time poster may be Travis Carr, President of the Escapees Club.

Travis, thanks for the helpful review.

Welcome!    😄

p.s.  This isn't really his first post,  he's just used a different ID in the past.

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

2 hours ago, DanZemke said:

According to Travis's profile, this was his first post and his Escapees membership number is 319 (indicating he has been an Escapees member, for more than 30 years).

It turns out this first-time poster is actually Travis Carr, President of the Escapees Club.

Welcome!    😄

p.s.  This isn't really his first post,  he's just used a different ID in the past.

Thanks for that clarification. It helped me understand how a first time poster could have such a low member number. Since Travis's grandparents started this club he's probably had that number since he was a toddler. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

23 hours ago, DanZemke said:

It turns out this first-time poster is actually Travis Carr, President of the Escapees Club.

You are mistakenTravis Carr is SKP#8. This is an entirely different Travis whose last name isn't Carr and who I suspect joined the Escapees RV Club before Travis Carr was even born. 

I have sent an email to the actual SKP 319 to apologize for the BS or our self-appointed forum police and their misinformation. There is a report button there for any reader to report a post that they question and that is the proper way to do things if you doubt a posts veracity. A public attack is never appropriate. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes, apparently I was wrong.  I'm still amazed that Travis appears to be a first-time poster and an Escapees member for more than 30 years.

I also sent him a nice message and included my email address, but have not heard back from him yet.  If I do, he or I will update this thread.

My original post was meant to be sarcastic, not an attack.  My recollection is that it was a very short post.  Agreeing with another skeptic and pointing out that Lifetime Member is a field controlled by the user, not Escapees Club records.

IMO, time to move on, unless Travis decides come back and accept my welcome and apology for being too skeptical.

3 hours ago, DanZemke said:

I'm still amazed that Travis appears to be a first-time poster and an Escapees member for more than 30 years.

I do understand that, and will admit to having checked to verify it. Thank you for taking the time and effort to correct the post that was hidden. I did go back and edit my post to you as well. 

You are a gentleman!  Thankyou.  

On 3/18/2022 at 7:35 PM, DanZemke said:

It turns out this first-time poster may be Travis Carr, President of the Escapees Club.

Welcome!    😄

My name is Travis R Talbott and not Travis Carr. No I have never posted before and have been to only on Escapade. In these troubled times finding good service by a dealer who as far as I am concerned and in my experience were. honest and fair. So I thought I would let others know. Again that is Travis R Talbott SKP 319.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:35 PM, DanZemke said:

Welcome!    😄

Travis R Talbott 319 

On 3/18/2022 at 9:56 PM, sandsys said:

Thanks for that clarification. It helped me understand how a first time poster could have such a low member number. Since Travis's grandparents started this club he's probably had that number since he was a toddler. :)

Linda

If you would have looked me up in the members directory you would have discovered who I am.  I am not being sarcastic and I never saw the posts in question, so I don't know if they were rude or not.  

We came off the road to help my only living parent and my wife's parents during their declining years. In addition, we stopped being full-timers to earn more to have great retirements.

Now we are helping her older brother with his health issues and him being alone. It was well worth it, as we have always had some type of travel trailer/fifth wheel till we bought this one owner 99 Fleetwood Pace Arrow in 2013 with 40,000 miles. We always have taken family on trips and vacations since our first outing in a tent. Since my wife has developed some health issue we needed facilities at a moments notice and the motorhome was the best choice for us. I have no regrets whatsoever in our life choices and we have sustained a great marriage for these 48 years. 

We can all make mistakes when posting, but is is wise to ask the question than to assume what you think is correct. 

PS  I personally feel we all have something to share whether we are full timers still or not. So don't let that stop you from sharing or asking for help.  This group was founded for caring and sharing. While I may have not shared before, we started out by reading the Petersons' Rainbow Chasers, and have always looked forward the to arrival of the monthly publication. I still have very fond memories of that one Escapade around 1981 held at Hemet, CA.  I was 23 and my wife, was 20.  We met people who are no longer with us, including the Petersons, as well as all the kind people we meet in our travels now. I still feel the good outnumber the bad in our Country and pray God will continue to bless us all. 

Also, my wife now feels like she would like to share our early travels.  But she never had the time when she was working and going to college at night.  Now that she is retired she has many things she wants to do that take priority before she does that.  She may join the writer's group some time.  

Edited by Travis
clarification as to who are Travis & Kathy Talbott # 319.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:47 PM, Jaydrvr said:

Wow, what a cool story! And kudos to that dealership for representing our hometown of Gainesville well! Jay

The funny things and the small world story is that I met another service writer there sir name Duval who grew up in Croom, Md. and I grew up in Morningside , Md.  Then I found out another person was there getting his ford truck worked on from Selbyville , Delaware and I currently home base in Georgetown, De. so it was a very cool experience. Then at the end I found out my service written was a Christian and I also am a Christian. So for me it was a great day all the way around. 

Have any of you called a Ford dealer to have your Ford F 53 V 10 motorhome worked on? MOST DO NOT ACCOMMODATE SUCH LARGE VEHICLES.  I had one dealer who worked on it when I first got it in 2013 and they have since stopped working on them.  

Keep the Faith

Travis R Talbott SKP319

Edited by Travis

We don't have it now, but in May of 1998, we took delivery on a 36' Cruise Master by Georgie Boy. It was built on one of the first of the early release, 1999 F-53 chassis and was powered by the then new V-10, probably the same engine as you have. We kept that motorhome until March of 2012 when we sold it after 14 happy years. For the years 2000 through late 2011 it was our only home and it served us very well. We heard from the new owners occasionally at first but the last time was 3 or 4 years ago.

8 hours ago, Travis said:

The funny things and the small world story is that I met another service writer there sir name Duval who grew up in Croom, Md. and I grew up in Morningside , Md.  Then I found out another person was there getting his ford truck worked on from Selbyville , Delaware and I currently home base in Georgetown, De. so it was a very cool experience. Then at the end I found out my service written was a Christian and I also am a Christian. So for me it was a great day all the way around. 

Have any of you called a Ford dealer to have your Ford F 53 V 10 motorhome worked on? MOST DO NOT ACCOMMODATE SUCH LARGE VEHICLES.  I had one dealer who worked on it when I first got it in 2013 and they have since stopped working on them.  

Keep the Faith

Travis R Talbott SKP319

Definitely a very cool experience! Thanks for sharing. Jay

13 hours ago, Travis said:

If you would have looked me up in the members directory you would have discovered who I am. so go look and learn. 

Sorry; I do not have access to such a directory. Maybe it is time for me to stop participating in this forum since we are no longer on the road and people seem to no longer want my input. I have had people thank me in the past for what I've shared but we all seem to be too grumpy nowadays. I am sorry I questioned who you were. Since Kirk deleted the post where I did that, no one knows it was not meant as an attack but simply a question. Thank for sharing your good experience.

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

15 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Sorry; I do not have access to such a directory.

If you're a current member you can find the Membership Directory in the Members section of the Escapees website.

Click on the Member Login box in the upper right corner of the home page and if you haven't already done so, set up an account.  There's lots more in the Member section than just the Directory, so it's worth doing.

3 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

If you're a current member you can find the Membership Directory in the Members section of the Escapees website.

Unfortunately, we let our membership lapse after a few years of being off the road. I still have a member number but it is not currently active. I wish I'd had a chance to get a lifetime membership but it was not offered after I realized its value.

Linda

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

I wish I'd had a chance to get a lifetime membership but it was not offered after I realized its value.

There was offered not long after we joined, but I guess I was just not using good judgement at the time as we waited several more years before we got ours. I think that the first time was were only a year or so in and the second was about 5 years later. It has turned out to be a good decision once I finally woke up! I think that sort of thing happens to many of us so you are far from alone in that. 

Travis,

Thanks for your clarification and reminding some of us about the membership directory.  I haven't used it in many years and forgot about it.

I'd be interested in your and/or your wife's descriptions of some of your most interesting memories.  

Thanks,

Dan

On 3/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, Kirk W said:

You are a gentleman!  Thankyou.  

Sometimes yes, sometimes not so much. 😉

You spend countless hours of your time on this forum helping people and seldom get thanked for it.

Thank you!

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Maybe it is time for me to stop participating in this forum since we are no longer on the road and people seem to no longer want my input.

Linda,

Please don't leave.  I want your input and thoughts, and suspect many others do too.  Things may have gotten a little out of hand, but it appears to have settled down.  It was just a little kerfuffle (don't recall ever using this word  before - you inspired me  😉  )

Boy I sure would miss you.  Way more than my ex wife😀. Seriously a lot of folks have come and gone and not all are missed but many sorely missed. Another I have missed over the years is Stan Miller even though he called me out more than once but started discretely.

On 3/20/2022 at 1:39 PM, sandsys said:

Unfortunately, we let our membership lapse after a few years of being off the road. I still have a member number but it is not currently active. I wish I'd had a chance to get a lifetime membership but it was not offered after I realized its value.

Linda

I became a Life Member when they were first offered about a year after I joined Escapees. I think it was during the Fresno Escapade.  I was in my 30s and figured it would more than pay for itself by the time I retired.

Joe Lacey was Escapees Publicity Director at that time and came up with the idea of selling lifetime memberships to raise the funds needed to expand the park system.  Changes in real estate law had made it impossible to continue developing new Rainbow Parks by pre-selling deeded lots within the park.  He said Joe Peterson was opposed to the idea because of the long term drain they would put on club resources going forward (magazine costs, etc.) but decided to offer a limited number to raise funds to purchase an existing campground.  North Ranch was the last park built using the deeded lots plan, Racoon Valley, Turkey Creek and Tra-Park were purchased with Lifetime Membership funds.

On a side note, Art Rouse also offered lifetime Good Sam memberships around that time.  The difference was he sold the company shortly afterwards, pocketing the cash and leaving the new owners with the ongoing cost of servicing those memberships.

Edited by Lou Schneider