ThriftBooks

I have never been a big reader can't sit still long enough,  but with the advent of the pandemic I bought a kindle and started reading free e-books downloaded from the library. Then when my gym closed I downloaded the books to my cell phone and bought wireless earbuds to listen to books on my daily 3 mile walk. I recently listened to a couple of books that had PDF appendices not narrated in the audio version and went looking for them on the internet and found https://www.thriftbooks.com/.  I have ordered several books from them and been very pleased with the convenience, service and prices.  One book I ordered specifically in the best condition to make sure I received a particular PDF.  It had been removed from the copy I received.  I reached out to the company on a weekend via their online contact form and received a response shortly after. (this is a discount book service) They replaced the book at no charge and no need return the damaged one, so I gave it to park library.  Audio downloads are still my first choice but wanted to share this positive experience in case others may be looking for hard copy books.

Safe Travels,

A source of free books, legally free and out of copyright, it the Gutenburg Project. Gutenberg Project . The have eBooks and audiobooks read by volunteers. Plus a large catalog of radio shows. Now these are not new books but they have a lot of good material.

Also Calibre a free conversion package should be in every Kindle users toolbox. It will convert books into the preferred Kindle format.

7 hours ago, folivier said:

Another source of free and low cost ebooks is Bookbub.com

I use Bookbub.com because I read a lot! I only check out free ones in my preferred categories and I still have more in my queue than I can read.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van