Jump to content



Recommended Posts

I know this has been asked a million times, but I still do not understand:


I moved from Ga to CA as a workamper

Moving to WA in may as a workamper  then moving again in sep to who knows where.

Ins for the truck and TT are in Ga

DL - Ga

Storage unit- ga

using a friends address in Ga for my mail

Need tags in August this year- Ga.  I know I can get a years extension for the smog test so do I just send the money for the tags and not mention that I moved? 


I will be in Ga in 2023 for a month and may go back every other year

Should I change my domicile?

Should I change my address on my DL to my friends address?


I am insured in Ga - if I have an accident and I do not live in Ga any more how does the Ins work?  I know if I were just traveling that would not be an issue but to no longer have  real address, is that a problem?


So sonfused.


Thank you! 



Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, CINDYRV said:

do I just send the money for the tags and not mention that I moved? 

You don't seem to understand what your domicile is. It is not the place that you are at this moment as that would mean moving every time you move. Domicile is the place that one plans to return and keep a permanent home address. It is where you register vehicles, vote, do business, and buy your insurance.

56 minutes ago, CINDYRV said:

Should I change my address on my DL to my friends address?

What address do you use now? Where does your mail go now? Surely you don't have an address on your driver's license, vehicle registrations, insurance and mail that you do not still control? If that is your situation, you need to somehow get an address that the state of GA considers to be legal for your license and registration. If you should have an insurance claim and your insurance company should discover that the address you supplied to them is not valid, there is a good chance that your insurance will not be valid. 

All The Things You Need To Know About Domicile As An RVer

Edited by Kirk W
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What can also make this more complicated is many states have requirements for people working in the state.  They require you become a resident and obtain licenses in the state.  The requirements vary by state and there requirements like time that are  included.  Working while traveling  can be complicated.  State taxes are another consideration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


RVers Online University


Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

RV Cable Grip

RV Cable Grip

All the water you need...No matter where you go

Country Thunder Iowa

Nomad Internet

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

RV Air.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo

  • Create New...