Read the fine print first!

Ray,IN

Many RV parks are charging increased cancellation fees.  Today I cancelled our June reservation at Camp Riverslanding in Pigeon Forge, TN. They charged me a $30 cancellation fee. Their policy includes a few more strict fees. Their $531 for 6 days were more than DW wanted to pay.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

What's amazing, too, is that the higher (or just "having one") fee, the more likely that this is a campground that will fill your spot if you don't show up.   Cruise lines are just as bad, if you miss the full-refund window.  

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

Their website clearly still states that the cancellation fee ought to have been $15 since you cancelled way in advance of your reservation date.  I realize that it's not a huge amount of money, but if you care you might want to file a complaint with the State of TN Consumer Affairs office.

From the parks' website:

Cancellation Policy:

Should you need to cancel a reservation, you must notify us before 12 noon 14 days prior to the reservation date in order to get everything back besides a $15 service fee. If you call after 12 pm less than 14 days prior, then you will lose the deposit completely. Any changes to your reservation must be done at least 14 days prior to your arrival date.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

As separate non-refundable fee on $10 was from the 3rd party booking agency.

docj, i'll contact that office, just for the principle of the incident.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when we all went camping whenever and pretty much wherever we wanted with little preplanning and just enjoyed the good times? No talk of contract laws, double dipping, calling the cops, anger and disappointment?

https://digital-planner.com/life/planner

Edited by cowolter

3 hours ago, cowolter said:

Remember when we all went camping whenever and pretty much wherever we wanted with little preplanning and just enjoyed the good times? No talk of contract laws, double dipping, calling the cops, anger and disappointment?

Yeah. That's because we were on the leading edge of the baby boom before we overwhelmed camping facilities.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Being 1947 models, we did get to enjoy a few years of the more carefree style of camping and fewer crowds.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot