Safest route up the West Coast

Dannnnnnnnn

I suspect that the least stressful for you and your 460 would be to follow US99 to Stockton and then take I-5 from there on up to Salem. That makes a route of about 710 miles. There will be some mountains to cross but interstate grades are not excessive or difficult. I have driven it numerous times and several of those times we were in a 36' motorhome powered by an early Ford V-10 towing a Honda, CR-v.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I agree with Kirk, except I'd get over on I-5 as soon as possible as Highway 99 is a mess clear up to Lodi (or was when we went up last spring).   Not that I-5 is that much better, but 99 was just brutal!  

Plan on stopping for the night at Weed and getting an early morning start so you have plenty of time to go over the Siskyous.   Remember that there are 5 passes to go over before you get to Roseburg.   Not terrible, just take your time and don't let others push you.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Or consider I-5 to Weed then US 97 to Chemult and back to Eugene via Hwy 58.  A lot fewer hills to climb and only ONE mile farther.  US 97 and Hwy 58 are both two lane roads and 97 gets a lot of truck traffic but IMO a lot better than climbing the Siskyous.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited