Kitchen sink clogged

J.D.

Try using equal amounts of baking soda and white vinegar.  Put the baking soda down the drain first followed by the vinegar.  Depending on how clogged the drain is, you might need to do this more than once.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Any of them seem to be fine and do the job along with a good old plunger . 

Been using that method for 12 years with no effects . 

FYI : The plunger is the part that does most of the work . Only a couple times the drain was plugged bad and needed a little boost of drain cleaner . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

53 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Any drain cleaner that is "septic safe" will not harm the RV, however, Linda's solution is certainly the least expensive.

Hmm , not so sure about that^ . Dollar Tree has a plunger for a buck and a quarter . That plunger did us fine for over 8 years and it only cost a dollar when we bought it . ;)

After you get it unclogged try not to pour grease or food particles down the drain.  We also wiped our dishes with a used napkin or paper towel before washing.  Never had a problem.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

The kitchen sink in our 5er is in a slide and it has a flexible drain.  It took many years but it clogged.  The entire flexible drain pipe was packed.  After removing it and running a wire through it boiling hot water and detergent finally cleaned it out.  The flex drain is corrugated so it naturally collected debris. The way it was clogged I am not sure a drain cleaner would work in a reasonable time if at all.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

13 hours ago, Dreed917 said:

what works the quickest is just poring boiling water down the thing. 

Which seem to indicate you poured grease down the drain that set up in there. I keep a jar that previously held anything liquid to pour grease into. I put it the jar the garbage when it gets full and start a new one.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 3/11/2022 at 9:44 PM, Randyretired said:

The kitchen sink in our 5er is in a slide and it has a flexible drain.  It took many years but it clogged.  The entire flexible drain pipe was packed.  After removing it and running a wire through it boiling hot water and detergent finally cleaned it out.  The flex drain is corrugated so it naturally collected debris. The way it was clogged I am not sure a drain cleaner would work in a reasonable time if at all.

Our Kitchen sink is in a slide and that's where the biggest clog was . Drain cleaner followed by a decent plunging once the water started to move , did the trick . ;) 

15 hours ago, Dreed917 said:

Also have an "rv" plunger. 

Dave 04 PleasureWay TD.

I'd like to see that^ . ;)

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

I keep a jar that previously held anything liquid to pour grease into. I put it the jar the garbage when it gets full and start a new one.

Linda

DW keeps a coffee can for just such occasions . Works a charm . ;)

• 2 weeks later...