Jump to content

Kitchen sink clogged


J.D.
 Share

Recommended Posts

Try using equal amounts of baking soda and white vinegar.  Put the baking soda down the drain first followed by the vinegar.  Depending on how clogged the drain is, you might need to do this more than once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any of them seem to be fine and do the job along with a good old plunger . 

Been using that method for 12 years with no effects . 

FYI : The plunger is the part that does most of the work . Only a couple times the drain was plugged bad and needed a little boost of drain cleaner . ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Any drain cleaner that is "septic safe" will not harm the RV, however, Linda's solution is certainly the least expensive.

Hmm , not so sure about that^ . Dollar Tree has a plunger for a buck and a quarter . That plunger did us fine for over 8 years and it only cost a dollar when we bought it . ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

After you get it unclogged try not to pour grease or food particles down the drain.  We also wiped our dishes with a used napkin or paper towel before washing.  Never had a problem.

Definitely that^ . ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The kitchen sink in our 5er is in a slide and it has a flexible drain.  It took many years but it clogged.  The entire flexible drain pipe was packed.  After removing it and running a wire through it boiling hot water and detergent finally cleaned it out.  The flex drain is corrugated so it naturally collected debris. The way it was clogged I am not sure a drain cleaner would work in a reasonable time if at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For my class b I have a plastic thingie that you put down the drain to try and clear it. Also have an "rv" plunger. But what works the quickest is just poring boiling water down the thing. 

Dave 04 PleasureWay TD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dreed917 said:

what works the quickest is just poring boiling water down the thing. 

Which seem to indicate you poured grease down the drain that set up in there. I keep a jar that previously held anything liquid to pour grease into. I put it the jar the garbage when it gets full and start a new one.

Linda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2022 at 9:44 PM, Randyretired said:

The kitchen sink in our 5er is in a slide and it has a flexible drain.  It took many years but it clogged.  The entire flexible drain pipe was packed.  After removing it and running a wire through it boiling hot water and detergent finally cleaned it out.  The flex drain is corrugated so it naturally collected debris. The way it was clogged I am not sure a drain cleaner would work in a reasonable time if at all.

Our Kitchen sink is in a slide and that's where the biggest clog was . Drain cleaner followed by a decent plunging once the water started to move , did the trick . ;) 

 

15 hours ago, Dreed917 said:

 Also have an "rv" plunger. 

Dave 04 PleasureWay TD.

I'd like to see that^ . ;)

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

 I keep a jar that previously held anything liquid to pour grease into. I put it the jar the garbage when it gets full and start a new one.

Linda

DW keeps a coffee can for just such occasions . Works a charm . ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...