Highways 376 and 305 in Nevada........

Vladimir

I am heading north in the next week and thinking about taking Highways 376 and 305 in Nevada and then connecting with Highway 95 to get to Idaho.

Anybody have ideas on what I might encounter on those roads this time of year.  It does look like diesel will be limited along the route.  It was FOUR degrees overnight in Ely a week ago.  Looks like this route might have a couple of hills just as high.

Thanks in advance....oh, any camping or overnight stops along the route would also be appreciated.

Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Both roads are good, just keep an eye on the weather if you're concerned about snow.  You'll have to go through Austin to get to NV-305, and it has a steep, winding road to get down into town.  Other than that, I can't recall any problem areas.

There's free camping at Sportsman's Park on NV-376 ~8 miles north of its junction with US-6, east side of highway.  There's a rest area near Carvers that allows an 18-hour stay as does the Valley of the Moon rest area north of Austin on NV-305.

There are lots of other areas to camp along these two roads (if you are an Escapee, I recommend getting the Days End Directory to see all the other areas to camp).  If you're looking for RV parks, can't help you there as we spend most of our time boondocking.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Thanks...not to worried about snow, but 4 degrees at night will freeze up the trailer.

I do have a copy of Days End Directory, but have not used it.  Traveling alone, I find I spend a LOT of time with the directory.  Just found it easier to find a place on my own.  

I do need to convert the Directory into a POI on the GPS.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com