power levelers on 5th wheel

raylen

9 hours ago, raylen said:

How hard is it

I am guessing that you are replacing the 1990 Bounder in your signature? 😊

I have only known 1 person who has done that and I do know that he did a lot of shopping to find a set that would fit on his 32' long fifth wheel. To add a set of jacks that use a central hydraulic pump for the lifting would greatly complicate the issue and my friend chose electric jacks and I think that they were from Power Gear, but I am not sure of that. I do know that he did a lot of measuring to be sure that the jacks would mount where he wanted them before he ordered.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We did similar, we had electric leveling jacks on our 5th wheel and due to many errors in the programming when trying to level the trailer, we had them changed out to a Bigfoot Hydraulic leveling system. So far in the 1-1/2 years we have only had one error come up and that was because the site was too far out of level and we had to add 17" of blocking to the front jacks to get close to level.  Quadra Manufacturing did the install. Ours uses multiple pumps to power our 6 jack leveling system. Equalizer is another brand but they use one pump to power theirs so they have a lot more hydraulic lines to run.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

• 3 weeks later...