Cash

I know I have commented on this before, but cannot find the topic to refer back to, so here I go again. 

If you are still reading, I am heading out a bit later today to make a purchase from a private owner. I will be bringing cash for the person. I no longer purchase the paper things they call "Checks", but I do let my bank send them to people at their expense. It's a longer story I won't go into now. 

I will stay with the "CASH". 

I have stopped at a local bank where I am working to withdraw cash. (Finally found one that doesn't try to charge me for taking out my money). It took two visits to withdraw the amount needed. With the first withdraw I expected to get large bills, but it was all 20's. (Some ATM's now do 100's, but mostly when I don't want them to, not this one.) The ATM is watched by the drive up "Tellers", so with my last withdraw I pull up to the only window and ask if I can exchange the twenty dollar bills for a few larger ones. Guess what the answer was. 

NO. 

I mentioned I had watched her watch me (on my motorcycle with my HiVis Yellow Aerostitch Suit on) withdraw the cash and I could provide her with the receipt of the withdraw and the answer was still NO. I said I'd be happy to come inside the bank if that was required and again it was NO. I should have asked to speak with the Supervisor who was giving the info, but don't want to loose my free ATM, so I didn't. Here I am venting again on the RVNETWork Forum. 

Thanks for commenting if you do read it to this part. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

2 hours ago, lappir said:

With the first withdraw I expected to get large bills, but it was all 20's. (Some ATM's now do 100's, but mostly when I don't want them to, not this one.) The ATM is watched by the drive up "Tellers", so with my last withdraw I pull up to the only window and ask if I can exchange the twenty dollar bills for a few larger ones. Guess what the answer was. 

NO.

Makes you wonder if the ink is dry on their 20's? $100 bills have never been a problem for me. Where are you located?

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

If you are able to use them the military  affiliated credit unions have what seems to be a riciprical agreement that makes it a very large choice of no fee  ATM's availability.  I use two. Navy Federal and Kirtland FCU (Kirtland AFB, Albq)

21 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Most ATM's do charge if they are not bank owned and often bank owned ones will charge those who are not customers of their bank. Our bank refunds all foreign ATM fees so it isn't any big deal. 

I used to have a bank account that refunded all ATM fees and had other enticements causing me to open the account. It slowly removed all of the benefits from the account and I no longer utilize that bank at all. 

Found another bank with similar enticements and now that is my primary bank. It's local where most of my family still live and I visit at least annually. At one time I felt one of the big "National" banks would be good for my travel lifestyle and they were for a while. A branch near most cities I worked in. Most of those branches are gone now. The only reason I keep that account is the ease of their online payments. 

I will visit the bank manager with the offending bank when my time here is almost over and explain the issue and see if it's an actual policy and if so why. 

I don't often carry much cash, but I do want access to it. Is that too much to expect? 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.