Hang a Honey Pot?

Preacher

Evening, Escapees.  I'm brand new to the site and to the nomad life, but I'm looking forward to it.  I have a GD Momentum 28G (toy hauler) and I'm looking for a good way to transport the honeypot.  Ladder's on the side, so that's not a good option and the underbelly has a liner, so I don't have clearance underneath.  Anyone have any cool ideas?  In the truck is the fallback option, but I think I'd like a different one.

Mount a receiver hitch on the rear and use a hitch rack/platform to carry it 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

3 hours ago, LindaH said:

Honey pot?  Are you talking about something like this Blue Boy?  If so, I like Star Dreamer's or Second Chance's suggestions.  I would not want it hung inside.

What problem do you foresee with storing it in the garage area of his toy hauler? Any I've seen seal up quite well. I load our Thetford "grey boy" in the back of our SUV after dumping at distant dump stations and rinsing it. Odor wise, you'd never know it was there.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

3 hours ago, LindaH said:

Honey pot?  Are you talking about something like this Blue Boy?  If so, I like Star Dreamer's or Second Chance's suggestions.  I would not want it hung inside.

In my van, I stored my dump hose in a tight container in a cupboard. No one ever knew it was there. Simply rinse and seal and you'll be fine.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Assuming that LindaH is right, I see a lot of good options suggested here. A lot depends on how large the tank is, but because they seal well I'd think that as long as you rinse it after each use and keep the exterior clean it could be stored most anywhere out of the way while traveling. When we were in a location that we were using ours, I just stowed it under the RV between uses. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

21 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

What problem do you foresee with storing it in the garage area of his toy hauler? Any I've seen seal up quite well. I load our Thetford "grey boy" in the back of our SUV after dumping at distant dump stations and rinsing it. Odor wise, you'd never know it was there.

That's probably okay *if* you have water at the dump station.  However, we occasionally stay at the LTVA north of Blythe, CA and, while there is a dump there, there isn't any water.  So, no, in cases like that, I would not want a Blue Boy inside any part of my RV.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

2 hours ago, LindaH said:

That's probably okay *if* you have water at the dump station.  However, we occasionally stay at the LTVA north of Blythe, CA and, while there is a dump there, there isn't any water.  So, no, in cases like that, I would not want a Blue Boy inside any part of my RV.

Ok, but as tightly sealed as mine is, other than wiping off the wheels I wouldn't be concerned with storing it in the "toy" part of a toy hauler even without rinsing it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system