Following in Mom and Dad's footsteps

We lost mom and dad both in the last few years, both were Escapees members going back to the mid 1990's. They full-timed it for a few decades before retiring from their retirement and settled into the Kofa Co-op in Yuma. Their names were Jim and Lois Kruse and I'd love to hear some stories from you if you have any.

My brother just had Mom's park model transferred over to him so the family tradition continues. My wife and I just purchased a Diesel Pusher and am looking to ease into retirement over the next 8 years or so. Looking forward to meeting up with like minded people and live the life experienced by mom and dad. 

Wishing you the best as you move into the RV community! We joined Escapees around that same time as your parents and the name does seem familiar, I really can't be sure. We did stay at Kofa a few times but am not sure if we eve met. 

If you can, plan a trip to Escapade in TN next June as it would be a good way to get to know Escapee members.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Sorry for your losses.  We were full-timing at that time but traveled and didn't stay at Kofa but a couple times.  I'd suggest you contact Kofa and perhaps they can put it in their newsletter to have folks send you stories.  That would be so cool!  Enjoy that motorhome!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

19 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Wishing you the best as you move into the RV community! We joined Escapees around that same time as your parents and the name does seem familiar, I really can't be sure. We did stay at Kofa a few times but am not sure if we eve met. 

If you can, plan a trip to Escapade in TN next June as it would be a good way to get to know Escapee members.

Thanks Kirk,

I was born in TN, the wife and I have agreed we would love to make a leisurely trip through that part of the country, I'll check it out and see if we can fit it in. Thanks again.

15 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Sorry for your losses.  We were full-timing at that time but traveled and didn't stay at Kofa but a couple times.  I'd suggest you contact Kofa and perhaps they can put it in their newsletter to have folks send you stories.  That would be so cool!  Enjoy that motorhome!!

Thank you for the thoughts. I have an aunt who still lives at the Kofa park and was looking forward to seeing her and all Mom's friends at a Celebration of Life we had for Mom, unfortunately my wife and I both caught Covid and had to cancel at the last minute. Planning on taking the new rig down there as soon as we can find the time, in the meantime I'll reach out to see what kind of trouble I can stir up.