SKP mail service problem

bigjim

I tried calling today to get a mail out scheduled and could not get through. When I got to my place this evening I tried to put in a  mail out request  online and it is saying that it is temporarliy unavailable.  Does anyone know if they are having some type of issue?

Edited by bigjim

Did not try on line this AM but phone call went through the first time.  I would say they did have some issue with the phone system for at least part of the afternoon  yesterday though.  I suppose they could have just been overwhelmed with call at that time. It would answer and say I was in the que sometimes at number one and never got a person. I would say about early to mid afternoon on Mountain time.  Any way it worked today so all is right with that part of the world.  Now if I could get the USPS right all would be good.  I had a mail out forwarded to my daughter's at Atoka, TN 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't showed up. I had leave for Albq. area on Mon.  Last night at about 7pm they were delivering that street. Daughter went out an met them. They handed her the mail and moved on and when she went through it and had 2 pieces of mail for other people on the street mixed in with theirs.

There was a problem with the phone system a rew days ago, or maybe last week.  Also, Mon was a holiday, Presedents Day.  Whenever I call I get a message that I am #2 8n the que and the wait time is 1 min.  I always wait 5 to 10 min, not 1 min. Another problem I have is that I use the Escapees One Rate, about $7,  with FedEx for 2 day service but FedEx always takes 4 or 5 days.  Still better than USPS. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Bigjim, I do not depend on the USPS for ANY important mail service.  I pay a little extra to get the FedEx flat rate service.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

23 hours ago, bigjim said:

Update.  The mail out sent on Jan 25jfrom mail service arrived yesterday in Atoka, Tn yesterday.  My daughter is off today and will repackage and send it out today. There is still one sent out Feb. 1 that hasn't arrived yet.

Why is this thread title SKP mail problem when it is the USPS that is having a problem?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

it morphed a  little.  It started as a question as I was having a problem contacting the mail service by phone or on line.  Not a negative, just a question.  I have been with the mail service since March 1997 and have had very few issues and minor ones at that.

• 2 weeks later...

It just clicked in my old brain I could have worded the topic better as it sound like it was an problem with the service itself rather than an issue making contact which is unusual.  Whatever happened seems to be resolved as I have contacted them twice since with no issues.

So just another sideways comment.  Mail service forwarded to me on Feb.1 to Atoka, Tn.(near Memphis,TN) and my  daugther called last night and said it arrived yesterday.  Almost 6 weeks.  Am hoping she can forward with Fedex but may have to do post. Last one she did got here to Tijeras, NM in a  week(near Albq. NM)

We called Monday to have our mail forwarded to us in Illinois, waited another 2 minutes on hold and gave them the address. Everyone we have ever spoken to has been professional and I could understand them. Since we lost a couple titles using USPS on our first few forwards we only use fedex now. Doesn’t cost much more when you figure in the trouble and cost of getting a lost title replaced. Mail will be here tomorrow. Very happy with there service

Ironically I had an issue with titles and tags the first time used Fedex for that. And I griped out one daughter a little🤠 as she is a Fedex employee. What ever she does for them is computer security related and if she tells me more she has to completely disable my brain.  😀I suspect she has already started.