Do you want a keyless entry for your RV?

lappir

Anyone else get a PM with those words from a Mr. Pong?  Does he even know what type of door I have? 

I'd like to have a keyless entry to many areas, but not sure they are cost effective. Wouldn't it be great if you carried one key for your truck, Auto, Motorcycle and home and all you had to do was touch the door handle and it would open. 

Got spoiled with my last car and then got a Jeep. It has push button start, but I still have to dig the key fob out of my pocket to unlock. (Have you seen the size of the Jeep FOB?>???)

Visited my Mom last weekend and she has a Pacifica with the proximity opening and I forgot about it for the first day of driving her car. It was hard to find the tiny fob too so it made it worse, for me......

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

23 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

The best key-less entry system is to not lock in the first place .  ;) 

And it works every time. No batteries to replace either. 

Thought it was odd to get the PM. I's starting the see something say something. I used to just ignore thinking it really didn't bother me, but now after a recent event with a coworker I will be more involved. 

I won't share the info in the open forum, but will compose a synopsis for anyone who is willing to only read for their own information and not share in an open discussion. I'm not sure if there will be legal actions, but I don't want to compromise the case if there is. 

I grew up in the age of never locking a door. Car, home, shop and even left the key in all the tractors and other motorized farm equipment.  Those days are gone. It's another story for that change, at least for me. 

Thanks Kirk for checking it out. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fifty years ago I taught in a small school in rural Wisconsin. One man in the community bought a new Dodge pickup every three years. The only time the key wasn't in the ignition was when the salesman handed it to him the day he picked it up. People signed up to buy that truck when he traded it in. Everyone in the community knew his truck, and if anyone else was seen driving it (rarely happened) they were quickly pulled over for an explanation. He may still be around there, but I'm guessing that if he is still driving he doesn't leave the key in the ignition anymore.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

5 hours ago, kb0zke said:

Fifty years ago I taught in a small school in rural Wisconsin. One man in the community bought a new Dodge pickup every three years. The only time the key wasn't in the ignition was when the salesman handed it to him the day he picked it up. People signed up to buy that truck when he traded it in. Everyone in the community knew his truck, and if anyone else was seen driving it (rarely happened) they were quickly pulled over for an explanation. He may still be around there, but I'm guessing that if he is still driving he doesn't leave the key in the ignition anymore.

The small town I grew up near had a feed/hardware store that left an older flat bed truck in the parking lot with the key in it for anyone to use that needed it. All they asked is that the users filled the gas tank from time to time. Most folks just used it to haul large purchases from the store home, but it wasn't unusual for someone to use it now and then when moving to a new house or to pick up a large appliance from the Sears catalog store or the rail yard. Different times...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system