VISIBLE Hotspot question???

The Netgear 815s can use bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 29, and 30.

Verizon (Visible) uses bands 2, 4, 5, 13, 46, 48, and 66.

Your Visible SIM will work in the 815s, but may not work well with some towers.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks Dutch.....This is interesting. I have two of these 815s Hotspots. One with the AT&T Mobley SIM card and one with the T-Mobile , $23 a month plan. I've had both plans for a few years. (Charter member on both plans)....The AT&T plan works great all over the country. But the T-Mobile plan rarely works well. My understanding is they both use AT&T towers...Or am I mistaken?

Could it be this "Band" thing you reference above?

I'm looking to change the T-Mobile to Visible. 

I need dependable streaming on the road.

I also have a Verizon cell phone with grandfathered unlimited data, but I can only use it as a Hotspot for 15G...I blow through this in a day or two as I do a lot of YouTube Video stuff.

Thank You in advance for anything you can add.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

T-Mobile only uses AT&T towers in a few areas where they have roaming agreements. Most T-Mobile coverage uses their own towers. In many cases the carriers share leased towers of course, but it's their own equipment that's mounted on them. I have my Mobley SIM in a Netgear 815s, and my Visible SIM is in a Novatel 6620L.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Why not just use what you pay for instead of trying to game the system?  Visible is plainly selling an inexpensive cell phone plan with a hotspot as an added feature.

Trying to get more than that is no different than people who abuse free overnight parking - eventually the carriers will crack down and eliminate it for everyone.

Edited by Lou Schneider

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 7:56 AM, Lou Schneider said:

Why not just use what you pay for instead of trying to game the system?  Visible is plainly selling an inexpensive cell phone plan with a hotspot as an added feature.

Trying to get more than that is no different than people who abuse free overnight parking - eventually the carriers will crack down and eliminate it for everyone.

The added feature -vs- cell service !!

I signed up for Visible just for the added (hotspot) feature.  For me it was simply a backup.  I didn't use the phone for cell service - and rarely if ever used the hotspot capability.  Occasionally I would check the hotspot, but that was about "it".

Had the service for several months - $25 - no big deal.  One day I happened to look at cell phone messages. I was receiving text replies for food delivery, etc.  Huh??  So, I ran *my* number on a reverse number lookup site.  Came up to a person in a nearby community!   Called Visible, explained the "situation" - and suggested she do the same....which she did.  No explanation from Visible, but assigned me a new number.

I had posed the above 'somewhere' - and someone sent me an enlightening "heads-up" in re:  SIM Cloning! Of course, that made me wonder why Visible didn't send me a replacement SIM.  Long story short, since I wasn't really using Visible for anything....I said Adios - and now Visible is now in-visible to/for me.

Of course your results may vary - and..... keep your eyes on the prize!!

😉