Satellite 110 Mystery

We are configured with three single LNB dishes -- one for 110, one for 119 and one for 129.  Dishes feed a DPH42 then on into our Wally. Issue is Sat 110. How is it that we can receive signal strength 50 on transponder 6 and only 7 on transponder 5?  I have not done an exhaustive evaluation of the other transponders but this condition is adversely affecting us. Sats 119 and 129 are fine.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Elbutte

I don't know about your specific problem but last night, 10:45 PM,  I had Sat 110 "on" watching the RFD channel 231. The TV screen would go black for maybe a second or the display had errors. I switched to channel 205 not problem. In the old analog days I would have called the channel 231 problem AFC (automatic Freq Control) or operating in a fringe area.

I watching on the Wally receiver connected to the Pathway X2 secondary port.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Satellites use circular polarization - the received signal rotates in either a clockwise or counterclockwise direction.  This allows two transponders to share the same frequency, doubling the satellite's capacity as an LNB tracking one will reject the other.

If the 110 satellite is working properly, one of the polarizations in your 110 LNB is going bad.  If this continues the cure is to replace the LNB.

Edited by Lou Schneider

18 hours ago, Elbutte said:

We are configured with three single LNB dishes -- one for 110, one for 119 and one for 129.  Dishes feed a DPH42 then on into our Wally. Issue is Sat 110. How is it that we can receive signal strength 50 on transponder 6 and only 7 on transponder 5?  I have not done an exhaustive evaluation of the other transponders but this condition is adversely affecting us. Sats 119 and 129 are fine.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Elbutte

Always tune your 110 dish to TP 21.