Pathway X2 working with 211Z and Wally receivers

Anyone using 221z and a Wally receivers. My primary port receiver w/hard drive is the 211z and the secondary port is a Wally which has a mind of its own.

The Wally on the Sec port of the antenna will not reboot to the Satellite that the primary is watching. Especially to Sat 129. Dish Customer Service (and from one of better Tech's) says the Wally needs to the primary, and the DUMB (my word) 221z will reboot. It seems the Wally on the Sec port looks for three Satellites and not being in control stops and fails to load any programs. The tech says I need two Wallys or 211s. With 2-211s no problem as I have operated years that way. I did talk to the tech how two Wally's could work together when the Sec port couldn't find the 3 satellites. No direct answer but he had had heard of any problems.

Wally user's any similar problems?

My case is the Sec Port goes to the Bedroom Wally receiver and often the program watched on the Pri antenna Port can be watched on the Sec port.  Or the case could be to 2 difference programs on the same satellite but, when ever, just reboot the receiver on the Sec port and after a few minutes the signal is acquired. That scenario, Wally goes to never-never land. The AV TV connection only solves some of the problems

Hate having to start hauling another satellite antenna around.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

1 hour ago, ms60ocb said:

Anyone using 221z and a Wally receivers. My primary port receiver w/hard drive is the 211z and the secondary port is a Wally which has a mind of its own.

The Wally on the Sec port of the antenna will not reboot to the Satellite that the primary is watching. Especially to Sat 129. Dish Customer Service (and from one of better Tech's) says the Wally needs to the primary, and the DUMB (my word) 221z will reboot. It seems the Wally on the Sec port looks for three Satellites and not being in control stops and fails to load any programs. The tech says I need two Wallys or 211s. With 2-211s no problem as I have operated years that way. I did talk to the tech how two Wally's could work together when the Sec port couldn't find the 3 satellites. No direct answer but he had had heard of any problems.

Wally user's any similar problems?

My case is the Sec Port goes to the Bedroom Wally receiver and often the program watched on the Pri antenna Port can be watched on the Sec port.  Or the case could be to 2 difference programs on the same satellite but, when ever, just reboot the receiver on the Sec port and after a few minutes the signal is acquired. That scenario, Wally goes to never-never land. The AV TV connection only solves some of the problems

Hate having to start hauling another satellite antenna around.

Clay

Have you had any problems with the X2 using the now 2 satellite eastern arc?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Over 3 years ago I bought the X2 with a second 211 receiver because in Illinois the trees had grown taller preventing getting 3 satellite in the western arc. I had no problems using two 211 received. Summers we use the eastern arc and winter from Central Texas on the western arc. It was only this winter that I tried use the Wally with the 211. Prior to that the Wally was only used with a Tailgater.

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C