Higher end/higher quality Travel Trailers?

FlyFishn

The underbellies on both the Cedar Creel line (which has not been mentioned yet) and the River Stone line are put on in sections, so you only need to remove the section in a area you would have to work on, as long as you know what is where. Also easier for you to inspect places

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think Kurt mentioned this before, that the cabinets, at least ALL of the cabinets I've seen at RV shows, are particle board with a vinyl wrap. If you'd like to test this theory, feel the back side of any upright support between two doors and see if you can feel an edge of the vinyl wrap.  It's my opinion that the better manufacturers, use a thicker version of the wrap. The doors on the other hand, at least on my Arctic fox, are solid wood.  The Solid bead welt you see between the cabinet and the wall, hides a myriad of sins in cabinet installation.  The rigs in my price range all have it. I don't know about the high end.

When I bought my 25W Arctic Fox used, I'm certain that the paint on the frame had been sand blasted (meaning road sand and grit got kicked up) during it's previous owners travels and left steel exposed.  I spend a day or so under the rig sanding themetal frame surfaces facing front, taping off items I didn't want painted and then sprayed the frame members with rustoleum rust reformer. and then a coat of Cold  galvanizing compound spray.  Particularly the area right at the front of the trailer where the hitch meets the frame and the areas between the wheels where the slide out mechanism  occupies the uninsultated (or covered) areas of the frame. I had to recoat over the silver of the galvanizing compound on the front frame, because the silver didn't go well with the paint scheme.

I'm not convinced that painting the frame is all that important to some manufacturers, beyond making it look black long enough to get the rig off the lot.

I have seen pictures of the axle spring hanger brackets that were not welded sufficiently and broke free during a turning event, like backing into a site or a tight turn into a fuel stop.  I'm always on the lookout for how those are attached when I'm looking for a rig.   Shock absorbers are more prevalent on the higher end units as well.  They help keep you goods in the cupboards!!

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png