Estimated value of 2006 Freightliner M2 106

M2Freight

Hello all,

I've joined this forum to try to gather some information about my late uncle's vehicles. I would like to get some ballpark estimates for what his Freightliner might be worth. I know that is hard to do without knowing the condition of all the mechanical systems and paint/interior. I believe that it is in good shape mechanically, but the interior and paint is a bit rough. The images in the link below are the current state; I'm sure it would look much better when it's all cleaned up. It also has a couple of extras on it that, given the right buyer, might increase its value significantly. Located near Ft. Myers, FL.

Pictures on Imgur

2006 Freightliner M2 106 4x2
Extended cab
Mercedes 7.2L Diesel
Automatic transmission
87,xxx miles

Fischer Panda generator (I think it is a AGT 3500)
This is controlled from the 5th wheel RV trailer, lots of fancy looking inverters in the tool box.

Electric motorcycle ramp (currently with a 2012 HD FLSTSE3 CVO Softail Convertible, but that's for a different forum smile.gif )

I'm not sure what other details to post about it that might make a difference in the value. If there is anything else, please let me know and I can try to find out.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You really need to add more info on the overall condition but for the most part these trucks sell in a private deal to new owner for between $45K ~70K.  You could very easy sell but the tricky part is the next owner will need to do a cash deal or they will need to get a unsecured loan NOT using the trucks VIN . These trucks are hard to finance used unless you have a business that can be used to write the loan to. Banks don't want to get involved funding toy loans on trucks that are not used to make money.    You maybe able to get a better idea looking at this company that specialized in selling these rigs used. I this there retail prices are about 20~30% to high but that is my opinion.

Premium And Exotic Wholesale

5109 N State Road 37 Business

Bloomington, Indiana 47404

Phone: (812) 260-7132

Looks like a nice little truck, but the M/B engine is problematic. I think you'll have some difficulty selling to anyone who is aware of the engine's historical problems. That is likely to dampen the interest in this truck and probably drive down the price significantly. Maybe $12,000?? Jay