No Vacancy

Luis

I spoke to one campground operator in Florida, and his main gripe was not about the occupants but with their dogs. Some breeds aren't even allowed in the parks any more. I travel with two terriers which fortunatly are the smaller breeds that are allowed. Rotwiler, doberman, pit bull and others of that size and demeanor aren't allowed in some camps.
He told me its the mess they leave, the barking at passers by, and agressivness toward other dogs that he has to deal with in his camp.
While we're traveling and touring Florida this summer, for instance, going to Dry Tortuga's NP for the day while in the keys, we'll have a local doggie day care take treat the dogs during the day. We're using the "Rover" service while visiting Biscayne Bay.  Same with the stay at Fort Wilderness on Disney property, the dogs will be in the day care so at least there will be a chance to get fresh water and food and do their business without leaving a mess for us to clean up at the end of the day in the trailer.
Some folks respect the camp properties and clean up after their dogs, and some, well, think that it's someone elses job to pick up anything they leave behind.

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/3/2022 at 10:05 PM, bruce t said:

Cherry Creek SP in Denver lost us some years back when they 'demanded' we pay an extra fee for our toad while trailers and 5th wheels only paid one fee. When we tried to debate the issue they asked us to pack up and leave.

I guess enough people griped about it that a few years ago, they changed that policy--I don't remember exactly when.  Now, you can get a free towed vehicle pass for vehicles that are "towed or carried in by a motorhome."

https://cpw.state.co.us/buyapply/Pages/TowedVehiclePass.aspx

But now I wonder about those HDTs that pull a trailer and have a smart car on the back of the HDT. 

I'm glad I don't have to write the laws.

51 minutes ago, Blues said:

But now I wonder about those HDTs that pull a trailer and have a smart car on the back of the HDT. 

We've only had it be an issue a couple times.  It's even worse if you have a toy hauler with two motorcycles.  Only time we got charged for everything was at Ridgway State park in CO.  Nice place, but we likely won't be back.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net