Recommendations of TT Leveler Kits

ddrischell

Greetings!  I'm new to the RV lifestyle and am in the process of gathering items I will need once I hit the road.  I'd like some feedback on TT Levelers.  I read somewhere about the "Andersen 2-Pack Camper Leveler Kit in a Sturdy Carry Bag with Double Handles."  Does anyone have any experience with these?  Any other brands that have proven to be reliable and sturdy?  My TT has 4 tires, so do I need two sets?

Thank you in advance for your input and have a wonderful RV day!

ddrischell

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

I have not used the levelers that you mention. Since 2007 we have used the same set of Lynx Levelers. They can be damaged if not stacked correctly, but I have always been able to re-bend the plastic to make them usable again. Camco makes a similar block which looks like it may not be as sturdy. RV Mate and Yosager also make similar products and there are several others listed on Amazon. These types of blocks can be stacked. Each row can be off-set so they are linked together to prevent slipping apart. We have stacked as many as four high on a few occasions. One or two high will usually be sufficient in most campgrounds.  We also use the Lynx caps and wheel chocks. The caps give the tires a smooth uniform surface to sit on. How many you need will be determined by how unlevel the ground of your campsite is. I also use them under the tongue jack and stabilizer jacks as ground pads. I have three bags of levelers (30), 10 caps and 4 chocks.

Again, Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

Edited by trailertraveler

Welcome to the Escapee forums! 

My son who is also an RVer introduced me to the Beech Lane version of those which work the same and cost less. He also has a Level Mate Pro wireless system in his that makes the entire process nearly as easy as an automatic system. I was amazed when I saw his in operation. To learn more about those, visit the Logic Blue Technology website and read about them.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I use both the Lynx levelers and the Andersen rocker type levelers for my trailer.  I have a love-hate relationship with the Andersen - when they work, they work great and and are faster, quicker and a neater solution.  However, they can slip - the Beech Lane version Kirk posted might be better.

The second problem with the Andersen is that my axles are fairly close together and the Andersen won’t fit between the wheels (you need to lift both tires on the low side if you have a double axle trailer).  I cut off part of the end to get them to fit.  It works.  There’s also a Camco version that seems to be shorter/smaller and I’ve read of people being able to use them without having to cut off the end.

There’s also a limit to how much lift you get with the Andersen.  It’s usually enough for most campgrounds but I have run across a few spots that it wasn’t quite high enough and I’ve used several sets of Lynx levelers to get level.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:19 AM, trailertraveler said:

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

I have not used the levelers that you mention. Since 2007 we have used the same set of Lynx Levelers. They can be damaged if not stacked correctly, but I have always been able to re-bend the plastic to make them usable again. Camco makes a similar block which looks like it may not be as sturdy. RV Mate and Yosager also make similar products and there are several others listed on Amazon. These types of blocks can be stacked. Each row can be off-set so they are linked together to prevent slipping apart. We have stacked as many as four high on a few occasions. One or two high will usually be sufficient in most campgrounds.  We also use the Lynx caps and wheel chocks. The caps give the tires a smooth uniform surface to sit on. How many you need will be determined by how unlevel the ground of your campsite is. I also use them under the tongue jack and stabilizer jacks as ground pads. I have three bags of levelers (30), 10 caps and 4 chocks.

Again, Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

Hey, thank you for the welcome!!!

I appreciate your advice and find the Lynx products to be pretty agreeable to my needs.  Thank you!

On 1/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, Kirk W said:

Welcome to the Escapee forums! 

My son who is also an RVer introduced me to the Beech Lane version of those which work the same and cost less. He also has a Level Mate Pro wireless system in his that makes the entire process nearly as easy as an automatic system. I was amazed when I saw his in operation. To learn more about those, visit the Logic Blue Technology website and read about them.

Thank you for the welcome!

The Level Mate Pro looks amazing!  I'm really considering getting this one for my TT.  Thank you for your advice!

13 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

I use both the Lynx levelers and the Andersen rocker type levelers for my trailer.  I have a love-hate relationship with the Andersen - when they work, they work great and and are faster, quicker and a neater solution.  However, they can slip - the Beech Lane version Kirk posted might be better.

The second problem with the Andersen is that my axles are fairly close together and the Andersen won’t fit between the wheels (you need to lift both tires on the low side if you have a double axle trailer).  I cut off part of the end to get them to fit.  It works.  There’s also a Camco version that seems to be shorter/smaller and I’ve read of people being able to use them without having to cut off the end.

There’s also a limit to how much lift you get with the Andersen.  It’s usually enough for most campgrounds but I have run across a few spots that it wasn’t quite high enough and I’ve used several sets of Lynx levelers to get level.

Thank you for your help and advice.  I appreciate hearing from others who have had some experience with these things to help make my RV transition smoother.

Best always!

42 minutes ago, ddrischell said:

The Level Mate Pro looks amazing!  I'm really considering getting this one for my TT.  Thank you for your advice!

I am also looking into the Level Mate products. The reviews that I have seen are mostly positive. The negative reviews seem to mostly focus on the battery power of the Level Mate Pro (the Pro+ has a USB connection capability) and the ability of the device to connect with the cellphone through metal walled trailers and when the cellphone is in the cab of the tow vehicle.

While I don’t own the LevelMate Pro (keep thinking about it), I know lots of people who have them and I have yet to hear anyone complain or not use them.  All my friends have fiberglass/Azdel walled trailers though.  One friend is solo and loves not having to get out and check the level - turn it on, pull up on the Andersen levelers until it indicates level.  

I’ve sort-of looked at them a couple of times but can’t quite figure out where I would mount it.  I keep using a level - it’s low-tech, no power required, doesn’t need to be set up and I can move it around.  But it takes a lot more effort to get in and out of the trailer (I’ve had the level indicators on the sides of the trailer but they end up breaking in the high heat I often find myself in).

I have used both the Lynx type levelers and also the Beech Lane Rocker version. Beech Lane hands down is the easiest.  One set comes with two rockers which is all we have ever needed. It takes us no time at all to level the trailer. It is easier with two people unless you have a system like LevelMate Pro. When you pull up on the rockers you must go slow. We have never slipped on the rocker and the mats provided keep the rocker from slipping on gravel. 

have fun whatever you choose. 

Jane

from Trailer4Two on Facebook

Fulltime for 1+ years

RVing since birth

Gulfstream Vintage Cruiser 23RSS

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:27 PM, trailertraveler said:

I am also looking into the Level Mate products. The reviews that I have seen are mostly positive. The negative reviews seem to mostly focus on the battery power of the Level Mate Pro (the Pro+ has a USB connection capability) and the ability of the device to connect with the cellphone through metal walled trailers and when the cellphone is in the cab of the tow vehicle.

Thanks for that info, trailer traveler!