Vehicle Insurance W/O a physical address only a PMB

Di24V

Hi All -

Looking for some guidance on how to get vehicle insurance W/O an actual physical address. Working to est in FL for full time RV living. Seems like at every turn the stopping point is what I can and can't actually use the Virtual address for as it is a PMB. 

Any real-world experience to share with Florida insurance for vehicles regards the above?

thanks for the help!

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy to have you with us and will help all that we can. If I might, do you have an address established with a mail service? If not, Escapees can help with that but there are also several other services that folks on these forums use. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

KIrk, you may have been had

Di24V, your PMB is at this St Brenden's Isle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Brendan's_Island

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

Di24V, your PMB is at this St Brenden's Isle?

2 minutes ago, Di24V said:

its a legit service see above link,

I was just about to respond to RV with the same information. They have been mentioned in RV forums many times over the years.

I can tell you that Escapees provides an address as well, but I am sure that I have heard of others who use St. Brenden's in the past without problems. Have you been to the vehicle registration offices or driver's license offices and been turned down?

As a general rule, insurance companies charge based on where a vehicle is "garaged". Thus, they want a physical address where your vehicle "lives". This appears to be a relatively new problem for full timers so those of us who got our insurance years ago tend to have no clue as to how newcomers can deal with this. Sorry.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I have one of the most complex insurance arrangements that I can envision and, with the assistance of Roxanne at Miller insurance, all is well with our coverage by Progressive.

We have a motorhome owned by a MT LLC which is "garaged" at the address of our MT registered agent.  We have two personal vehicles, both registered in SD with one listed as garaged in SD and one garaged in TX at our RV lot.  Roxanne arranged all this and was able to "defend" it to Progressive when it got audited last year.  

FWIW no one cared about the use of "convenience addresses"; that wasn't the concern.  In fact, Progressive's biggest concern was why do you need the SD address?  The fact that the address was a PMB was never an issue.  I think sometimes we overthink these issues. JMO.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

My MH insurance is at the SBI address, as is my car insurance. Previously it all was at a UPS Store address. I haven't used a residential address for vehicle insurance in Florida since 2009. No one has questioned anything.

SBI can provide you with a "real" address, which should satisfy your domicile requirements, insurance, d/l etc. Just ask them.

Otherwise, join Escapees, join their mail service and get a domicile address at Bushnell, Fla., which is a real residential address, and then use their Texas address as your mailing address. That will also satisfy address requirements. For example, my d/l is 4602 CR 673 #xxyy, Bushnell, Fla., but I still use the SBI PMB simply because it's such a pain to change addresses.

If I was starting from scratch I'd do it all with Escapees.

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

13 hours ago, Di24V said:

I can't get insurance..eg i can't go to register vehicles until i do etc

Why can't you get them? We have many members who use the Escapee mail service and have for years, and the post just above is from one using St. Brenden's. Is there some problem because you have a Step-van or what? 

11 hours ago, jbh said:

My MH insurance is at the SBI address, as is my car insurance.

Who told you that you couldn't get insurance with the St Brenden address? Or that you can't register your vehicles? Share some details and we may be able to help.

Edited by Kirk W

Jbh - Thank you  so much for pointing me in the right direction!

All - thank you sharing and trying to help. Very sincere and helpful feedback and information, i have certainly learned a few additional items here and will use as i talk to agents and others in setting up the full time travel lifestyle. 

thanks and i am off to explore the physical address with SBI and see where it leads, otherwise I maybe trying out Escapees for this need. 

There are several insurance agencies that have excellent reputations among Escapees and other RVers. I would check with at least two of them. Here are a few.

AIS Insurance              Explorer Insurance                  Miller RV Insurance

RV Advantage             Foremost Insurance

Boy did I get that wrong! 😕

Sorry dI24v et al- Mea Culpa. I thought that was the city. That was all that came up on my search for St Brenden's Isle. Aha! This St Brebden's Isle!

https://www.sbimailservice.com/about/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire