We are looking for a nudist or clothing optional resort or campground within the USA

weareacouple

Hello everyone, 

This is probably not the typical subject you see on this forum, however we thought we would give it a try anyway. We have been a very active member of the nudist community for over 25 years and most of our travel has been to nudist resorts outside of the USA. Given the covid situation we would like to do our upcoming travel and vacationing within the country. We will be traveling by class c motorhome and will be on the road most of the summer months. We are trying to gather information on campgrounds and resorts that accept or allow nudity. 

My wife and myself will be sharing this profile and we hope that is OK and we will try to let you know who is posting the replies in the thread. 

We would rather not receive personal messages and are perfectly fine keeping the suggestions and comments public here in the thread. 

Here is hoping some of you have some good suggestions or if nothing else just post and say HI.  

Edited by Kirk W
Remove improper picture.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been there but the Magic Circle at Quartzsite is clothing optional. My understanding is they are way in at La Posa South but, like I said, I have not been there so cannot confirm the location. I suspect the Naked Bookseller in Q could direct you.

While you are welcome to the forums and to join the Escapees RV Club, your picture was not appropriate for this forum and as moderator, I have removed it.  The Escapees have numerous special interest groups called Birds of a Feather groups and one of those is the "Birds Without Feathers" group sometimes referred to as Buffs. You do have to be a member of Escapees to belong to that group. In addition, by visiting this link you will find a directory of nudist RV parks as there are quite a few of them around.

10 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I have not been there but the Magic Circle at Quartzsite is clothing optional. My understanding is they are way in at La Posa South but, like I said, I have not been there so cannot confirm the location. I suspect the Naked Bookseller in Q could direct you.

thanks so much Sandsys, we will for sure use your information. The next time you are close, you should stop in for a stay. You will find that us nudists are a pretty laidback group. 

BYW, the biggest concern that a non nudist has is "I don't want to get caught looking during a conversation with a nudist". I think I can speak for every nudist...We don't care where you look! LOL

24 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

While you are welcome to the forums and to join the Escapees RV Club, your picture was not appropriate for this forum and as moderator, I have removed it.  The Escapees have numerous special interest groups called Birds of a Feather groups and one of those is the "Birds Without Feathers" group sometimes referred to as Buffs. You do have to be a member of Escapees to belong to that group. In addition, by visiting this link you will find a directory of nudist RV parks as there are quite a few of them around.

Hi Kirk and thanks for the information, we will look into what you have posted. The link looks like it will be very helpful. Is the Bluffs group part of this forum?

Sorry for posting the picture of us in the thread, sometimes more than one picture helps to confirm that we are really a couple. Also, it is always nice to see who you are talking to on the forum. I assume you were referring to my wife's ample cleavage and not my topical shirt? No second thought maybe it was my shirt. LOL

My wife's tits are so big they get noticed whether she has clothes on or not. LOL

3 minutes ago, weareacouple said:

Is the Bluffs group part of this forum?

They are one of the special interest groups within the Escapees RV Club. I can't think of anyone that I know who is currently an active member of the group but I have known a few who were and might well have known some Escapees who were but I wasn't aware of it since we are a group that does our best to be truly all inclusive of those with an interest in RV travels. Over the years that we have been part of Escapees RV Club we have made friends from the various BOF groups that we are not part of. With 37 different such groups active at this time, I doubt that anyone is involved in all of them. With the club membership nearly 70,000 people the thought is to have a place for everyone. You do have to be a member of the Escapees RV Club to join any of those groups, but there are many other reasons that so many of us are part of the Escapees. I would invite you to explore the Escapees site and learn more about the organization and the members.

While the forums try to stay within conventions to not tread on the thinking or beliefs of anyone, we also try to include everyone, even those who do not choose to be part of the RV club. Caring and sharing has been the motto of the club members since it began in 1978. 

4 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

They are one of the special interest groups within the Escapees RV Club. I can't think of anyone that I know who is currently an active member of the group but I have known a few who were and might well have known some Escapees who were but I wasn't aware of it since we are a group that does our best to be truly all inclusive of those with an interest in RV travels. Over the years that we have been part of Escapees RV Club we have made friends from the various BOF groups that we are not part of. With 37 different such groups active at this time, I doubt that anyone is involved in all of them. With the club membership nearly 70,000 people the thought is to have a place for everyone. You do have to be a member of the Escapees RV Club to join any of those groups, but there are many other reasons that so many of us are part of the Escapees. I would invite you to explore the Escapees site and learn more about the organization and the members.

While the forums try to stay within conventions to not tread on the thinking or beliefs of anyone, we also try to include everyone, even those who do not choose to be part of the RV club. Caring and sharing has been the motto of the club members since it began in 1978. 

OK I think I understand, RV Network is just one section of Escapees

I will have to admit when my husband told me we should try to get some information off this site, I thought there would be nothing to learn. You all have come through with some great information. Thanks so much for your time to post and maybe we will post our nude resort and campground travel experiences. 

Don't forget to share any of your RV or travel related experiences as well. If you look around all of the part of this forum you will see that it is a great resource for travel, RV repair, routing, camping, or most any other subject that is related to the use of RVs and even some things that are not. Many of us differ in lifestyles, or beliefs but because we all hold the motto of caring and sharing as a way of life, other differences do not matter. 

Edited by Kirk W

Since we are only getting into the RVing (and haven't even made a purchase yet) we really don't have a lot to add to some of the informational thread, we are getting valuable information by reading them. Honestly, given the information we gather, we may even drop down to a conversion van and look more into cabin, motel and resort stays. Fuel prices seem to be going up at record pace while hotel/motel/resort pricing is actually as low as it has ever been. Since we do have stock in the Winnebago Company, the RV brand discussion has already been made. We are sure that once (and if) we hit the road in a full-sized RV, we will start to have many questions. 

OH also, we did take some time to checking to the BLUFFS division of Escapees and although they look like a fun group, they seem to be heavy into the swinging lifestyle. Although we have no problem in that "branch" of the nudist community (to be honest we have actually taken part in it dozens of times over the last 25 years), to be part of a group that it is the main purpose of their group is something we are no interesting in at this time. But thanks for the information anyway. 

Yes Palmeris we have been there several years ago as a family and would recommend it to any naturist family. However, either of us remember it having a campground but then again that is something that we were not interested in at the time so may have not noticed. We may try it again as a couple but like many our age, the noise produced by kids might be something we want to avoid. OK, now that does sound like something our parents would have said LOL. 

Although I have never stayed at either, there is a nudist resort with RV hookups off I-17 north of Phoenix (can't remember the name) and one in Florida near Orlando.  Both seem nice online, but I have never stayed at either and have no personal knowledge. Some day I will have to check them out. 

Thanks, Twotoes those are a couple we have not heard about and are in states that we love. Just keep in mind that once you try one or the other of them, you will probably be addicted just as we have become. Stripping down in public is usually the hardest the first time and then it is no big deal after that. 

BTW, good to see another Harley rider on here.