Quartzsite services

RangeMaggotBob

Can anybody tell me which long-term BLM boondocking areas have pump-out and fresh water services? I'm good for a week, but don't really want to break camp; we'd like to stay 2 weeks. Thanks for any information!

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

While I haven't used them, others have suggested R&B Septic Services, 1360 North Moon Mountain Avenue
Quartzsite, Arizona 85346, 928-927-3887.  I have seen other trucks moving through the LTVAs.

Edited by vermilye

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

If you're only spending 2 weeks why not use the free areas rather than the long-term.  We love Scaddan Wash area.  There are always RV pumpout trucks roaming through these areas.  Once you're there talk to others or go to the CofC/Visitor's Center to ask for some phone numbers.

http://thedyrt.com/magazine/local/rv-campers-guide-quartzsite-az/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

20 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

If you're only spending 2 weeks why not use the free areas rather than the long-term.  We love Scaddan Wash area.  There are always RV pumpout trucks roaming through these areas.  Once you're there talk to others or go to the CofC/Visitor's Center to ask for some phone numbers.

http://thedyrt.com/magazine/local/rv-campers-guide-quartzsite-az/

That's a great idea. We're certainly not set on any particular place. We will definitely check that out. Another related question- I know you guys have been there a lot- is there someplace to unhook my fiver and then look around for a place to camp, or do we just drive around hooked up til we find a spot? Thanks everybody for all the replies!

Honda eu2200i generators

2 hours ago, RangeMaggotBob said:

is there someplace to unhook my fiver and then look around for a place to camp, or do we just drive around hooked up til we find a spot? Thanks everybody for all the replies!

You can always go to any of the free BLM areas and drop your RV there while you look around.  You'll probably have to register with the camp host, but it's free and you're not obligated to stay there if you find another place you like better.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Just IMHO in having spent the last 20 years or so winters visiting Q, but expecting someone to come out and service you kind of defeats the spirit of staying in a boondocking area.  Even if they're scheduled, they're likely to be in short supply during the peak weeks as the demand increases.  You just can't build the kind of infrastructure necessary to provide that level of support for the number of people who are only there for a week or two.

Edited by Lou Schneider

17 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

Just IMHO in having spent the last 20 years or so winters visiting Q, but expecting someone to come out and service you kind of defeats the spirit of staying in a boondocking area.  Even if they're scheduled, they're likely to be in short supply during the peak weeks as the demand increases.  You just can't build the kind of infrastructure necessary to provide that level of support for the number of people who are only there for a week or two.

Good Lord man- I just want to be able to empty my tanks as needed; this isn't some kind of spiritual journey. I might just stay longer than a week or two. But thanks for the input.

Honda eu2200i generators

23 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

So people who use a blue boy and/or a water bladder in their truck aren't boondocking? Since boondocking apparently means not needing such service? Are we not supposed to go dump and fill during our stay as well? The OP was just looking for a way to not have to move his rig during his stay in the desert.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 minutes ago, Jerry Campbell said:

It seems that no one answered your question

La Posa South about 5 miles south on 95, on the left. As far as I know it's the only one of the ltva's with water, dumpsters and dump station. 

Good luck and have fun

Jerry

However, if you have paid to stay at the other LTVAs, you can use the facilities at La Posa South.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J