Mail Forwarding and getting checks deposited

kodoz

I pay my bills using an online bank account, yet the people I pay still send me a check in the mail. Thankfully so far they have all cleared after deposit even after sitting in my mail box for months in South Dakota. 

The companies want to have direct payments, why can they not just deduct it from a future bill? That would be my preference. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

14 hours ago, kodoz said:

Anybody using the mail forwarding service...how do you handle checks that are mailed to you? Usually I deposit with a mobile banking app, so wondering how I'm going to take that paper check scanned by the mail forwarding and get it deposited. 

thanks.

I'm pretty sure you are not going to deposit the scans that the mail forwarding service sends you.  You are going to have to have them forwarded to you and then deposit them.  I'm not sure which mail service you use, but escapees has overnight delivery available if you want to pay the price.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

We're Escapees Mail users.  We've had mixed results when trying to mobile deposit scanned checks.  It just depends on how sharp the scan is.  Many times, we've been able to get our bank app to scan and process a check scan image.  When it won't work, we just have to have the check mailed to us and then deposit that.

I do one of three things with checks pending size.

Deposit the check by mail. ( always sign the check payable to your bank name and acct XXXXXXXX followed by your name)

Cash the check at Walmart for a small fee. (Limited to certain types).

Let my wife's bank handle the exchange for a fee.

If I want cash, I'm never to far from a relative, my banks or my wifes banks. Or cask back with your Credit card.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C