2024 East Coast Rally

SuiteSuccess

This place is getting festered with KW's.  What's the world coming to?  Who let us in?

Seriously, it's great to be back on the road and meeting up with friends, old and new.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck has some wires that are rubbed thru the insulation it looks like so far. Drivers side towards the back end of the valve cover, said that's the engine harness. Have to fix that first then see if anything else shows up. If the truck is going to take a long time to fix we'll probably just drive the car down if there's a cabin available.

Arrived today (Friday) early evening.  Got set up and had a nice time hanging out with everyone.  Looking forward to the start of the actual rally.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

8 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Arrived today (Friday) early evening.  Got set up and had a nice time hanging out with everyone.  Looking forward to the start of the actual rally.

Glad the rest of your trip went well. The batteries were all charged up after supper Thursday and I will look for the microwave breaker today. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 4/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, lappir said:

Glad the rest of your trip went well. The batteries were all charged up after supper Thursday and I will look for the microwave breaker today. 

Rod

Very good.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

And another fine day dawns.     The cycle repeats: go out and greet neighbors, head to the pavilion for a presentation or two, break for lunch, go back to absorb some more information, gather for happy hour and maybe a campfire.  Can it get any better?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

42 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

And another fine day dawns.     The cycle repeats: go out and greet neighbors, head to the pavilion for a presentation or two, break for lunch, go back to absorb some more information, gather for happy hour and maybe a campfire.  Can it get any better?

Nope. 

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

7 hours ago, Danfreda1 said:

It’s getting washed now. Hope the rain keeps up for a few hours. 

Soft water rinse.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

2 hours ago, Larry Burkett said:

Is anyone going to post pictures of the Rigs and people there?

I will second the motion. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

A couple of pictures from the 2022 ECR

akyq54ll.jpg

9nr9aABl.jpg

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Just been reading the post and sure do miss being there. If we hadn't sold the truck and the 5er we would have been there. Just thinking about the great people we won't get to see is depressing. Just want to tell everybody we sure miss being there and making new friends but life goes on. So everybody there have a great time and enjoy every minute because life is really short. Life is so short you should eat the desert first!! Take advantage of every "Happy Hour" Anybody that heads to Va Beach area just know that we have a very empty slab that would welcome a real truck and 5er. With availability of spaces real tight let me know if you need one. Full hookups and a tour of the worlds largest Naval Base is part of the package!! 757 646 1686.is my cell #. Again hope everybody has a great time and safe travels   Pat

The Old Sailor

It was nice meeting you and your bride.  Glad you had a safe return.

There's only a few of us left.  Hopefully, someone took pictures and will post them.

Rigs of note:  1999 Pete with a huge sleeper.  Couple bought it new and it now has 3.2m miles.  Very nice

Freightliner with over 2m miles and a roll back bed hauling a full size Toyota pickup and kayaks, pulling a                                 travel trailer.

KW/Mountain Aire combo, painted to match.  A little retro look and way cool factor.   Hauling                                                     smart/motorcycle/kayaks on bed.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

We are home, Ready to roll again. Thank you Carl, Donna and the rest of the crew that helped pull this together. All except for AL. ! If anyone has heard from him please let me know. Also Rickeieio and your bride , Lets get together to go eat sometime. We can meet midway somewhere. All good points for this year... Thanks to the chauffeurs to the other side, The BBQ was  good , The weather was great , and the truck ran great. We would love to do more rally's if possible. If someone would let us know when they are , we could possibly attend. Thanks to all and God Bless .

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

It was nice meeting you and your bride.  Glad you had a safe return.

There's only a few of us left.  Hopefully, someone took pictures and will post them.

Rigs of note:  1999 Pete with a huge sleeper.  Couple bought it new and it now has 3.2m miles.  Very nice

Freightliner with over 2m miles and a roll back bed hauling a full size Toyota pickup and kayaks, pulling a                                 travel trailer.

KW/Mountain Aire combo, painted to match.  A little retro look and way cool factor.   Hauling                                                     smart/motorcycle/kayaks on bed.

Haven't seen many posted photos here. Maybe on FB, but I don't go there any more. 

Did see a video of a ride through the park. Some of the one's I wanted to see more of apparently didn't catch for videographers eye.  I'll get there again some day. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800