VW CEO Herbert Diess invites Elon Musk to talk on how Tesla innovates quickly

RV_

It sounds like Volkswagen will succeed with a CEO who isn't too proud to learn from the top EV manufacturer in the world. They seem fully committed to the transition more so than any others who are vague and offer little we can see in forward motion to the transition to EVs.

If I were looking for the next money making EV manufacturer to invest with I'd be looking hard at Volkswagen. I may invest with them too.

Excerpt:

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk beamed into a meeting with top Volkswagen executives in Austria to explain how Tesla streamlines its supply chain.

"Good meeting with 200 top managers in Alpbach," Volkswagen Chairman Herbert Diess said on Twitter on Saturday, sharing a photo of Musk on a video call. "Big responsibility at a crucial point for our company."

Musk's drop-in chat on Thursday was the latest friendly gesture between the two chief executives, following Diess's trolling of Musk on Twitter earlier this year.

Happy to hear that even our strongest competitor thinks that we will succeed the transition if we drive the transformation with full power," Diess said.

He added: "One example for the speed of Tesla: They handle the chip shortage very well — the reason: they are developing their own software. Within just 2-3 weeks they had a new software." This allowed for the use of different chips. "Impressive," he added."

Source:

https://electrek.co/2021/10/16/vw-ceo-herbert-diess-invites-elon-musk-to-talk-on-how-tesla-innovates-quickly/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• RV_ changed the title to VW CEO Herbert Diess invites Elon Musk to talk on how Tesla innovates quickly