Hi All. We've started

Den

9 hours ago, Den said:

Again thanks for all the help.  Now a new question.

I am not sure what a power monitor / management system is.  I have also seen the term EMS which I don't know but think it might be Electronic Monitoring System.  If so, I still do not know what it is but will do some research.

Have a wonderful day/week/month.

An Energy Management System does exactly that; it monitors power consumption and turns off/on appliances as necessary to prevent tripping the main electrical panel's main breaker.

It also monitors incoming power for quality, and will shut of incoming power if it exceeds the industry standard of 120VAC + or - 10%

It checks incoming power lines for correct configuration and connections.

This link explains everything better than my feeble attempt: Energy Management Systems - Family RVing Magazine

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

An Energy Management System does exactly that;

Exactly, and part of the confusion comes from the Progressive Ind. choosing to call their power protection units by "EMS" while many people speak of surge protectors when they actually mean one of the power source monitors such as both Progressive EMS and the most popular of the Surge Guard branded products. We tend to use brand names as generic and that too complicates the issue for those not familiar. Surge suppressors only do one function while the power line devices do far more and I do use one. A search of Amazon for surge suppressors will get you dozens of devices that range in price from about $20 to about $400 and they have as wide a range of abilities as their prices. 

My suggestion is that you save this discussion for a day that you don't have a lot of other things on your mind as it can get very complicated for anyone who isn't well educated in electrical principles. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI