Pet Safe Auto Feeder

lappir

Has anyone used an auto feeder? 

I bought a "Pet Safe" feeder a few weeks ago for use during a weekend trip away. I think it worked OK, it wasn't empty when I returned. It has 5 divided sections and only 4 were empty and that's what I expected. 

I decided to continue to use it, but have heard it move at unexpected times and each time it does my cat goes running to it. Last time I looked the spot was empty and there certainly wasn't enough time for her to consume the entire amount. 

The instructions were not really helpful, there are 9 time settings so I assumed that would be 9 days even though there are only 5 spots. I figured fill every 5 days. 

I alternated the settings so on the 5 working days it would be 5am and 5pm and on the weekend 6am and 6pm, but there really isn't that option with 9 settings, but I left it since I couldn't figure out how to delete the entire thing and start again. It is a pain to set in the first place. 

I'm tempted to just return it, but am not sure where the receipt went and I used the box for something else.  

I will do an online search now, but any knowledge will be appreciate. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 2 years later...
Posted (edited)

Old post and no replies, but I have another question regarding pet feeders and instead of creating a new one, I thought I'd just use this one. Save's paper eh??

I finally figured out the auto feeder through trial and error. My error was trying to program all the open spots. I think you can do 8, but there are only 5 food bowls. Doesn't make sense to me, but here is the next question. 

I got the Auto Feeder when I knew I would have to be away from my home for a whole weekend. I had on cat then and she was a good eater, didn't overeat even when more food was there and didn't eat too fast. She did great on my weekend away and each of the bowls still had a little food in them, but not as much as I filled them too so I was sure the machine did work and she did eat. 

Next I fostered a mother cat and her 5 kittens and guess what. One of the Kittens bonded to me and I had to adopt her. ( I really wanted almost all of them, but that's another story). 

The older cat in my home is much smaller than the kitten now. I knew that was going to happen because the Mother Cat was quite large. The auto feeder seemed to work well still for my infrequent absences for a bit over 24 hours at times, until recently. 

Took the Cat's to a new Vet a month or so ago and of course they said my Younger Cat was over weight and I needed to decrease her food, the older cat was at near perfect weight (maybe a bit under) so I was in a difficult place. How do in decrease the food for one while increasing for the other. I've watched their eating for a while now and know the younger cat will push the older one away from the food when she is eating. I've tried to distract her, but then the older cat want's to play too, do that really didn't work. My daughters friend has one of these. Removed and hopefully replaced the link. 

https://www.chewy.com/closer-pets-mibowl-microchip-dog-cat/dp/710014?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Closer Pets&utm_campaign=20211945994&utm_term=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8J6wBhDXARIsAPo7QA9ox7QkEFbBmTJ2Mg5TiM9SQGCT4dRKtn_a4nIJyBjvtCXiiRTiU8MaAuruEALw_wcB

Not sure if that link will work, but I wasn't to enthused with the product when I took care of the cat's using them over winter break. In addition they are over $200 each. I'd rather pay $300 for a single auto feeder that only dispensed the product while the cat was there and if they had used up their quota for the day nothing would come out. (anyone know if that exists)?

So I know it's unpopular to some, but I do not use Amazon so an Amazon link will get ignored.

A link to the actual product website will get looked at and if I can find a local distributor I will drive to see one and pick it up. 

Thank you in advance for any views and even more for comments. 

Rod

Edited by lappir
link not working as expected. Replaced.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Were you trying to point to the Microchip Pet Feeder Connect? Your link sort of works but this one is better. 

No that's not the one, but thanks Kirk. I will try again. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Edited initial post with updated link. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800