Lloyd Reeves

Had a new Dometic rear a/c install on our 201 Montana 3440RL and it only blows air out the vents at 72 degrees and shuts down after a few minutes then comes back on. it never cools down the trailer. Tried setting the thermometer down to 60 degrees making it stay a little longer.

Outside temp is 77 degree and inside temp is 82 degrees after running the unit for about 2 hours

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Sorry that you are having problems but we will do our best to help. I do have a question, as I'm wondering if there is some reason that you aren't able to take it back to whoever installed it for you? Did it work properly for a time before this problem came up? 

If you can share which model of Dometic it is, I'll see if I can't find a service manual for it. From your description it sounds like the compressor may not be running at all. It is also possible that the cooling coil is icing up but doesn't seem likely from your description. Is it humid where you are and might you be operating the fan on low speed? 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hate to sound condescending but are you sure that zone is set to cool.  Had a neighbor new to RVing that could not get his unit to cool and when I went to help, that zone was not set to cool.

Also, did the new unit get or have a different control board that the thermostat is not recognizing?

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot