Interesting conversation article - Shrinkflation

ms60ocb

This article caught my eye cause my eye and it has always been hang-ups about going to the grocery store. Unit pricing is the way I way shop. It use to be the bigger package was cheaper per unit but that changed years ago. Some items in the stores now are cheaper in the smaller package. I think it was pickles last week, I could buy two 24 oz (1.5 Pint) jars cheaper than one 48 oz (1.5 qt).

When was the last time you have seem a 3 pound can of coffee. I think the 39 oz size is now also gone. My wife will be happy when bread gets back to the ONE POUND LOAF

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/10/04/smaller-products-rising-prices-shrinkflation-hitting-grocery-store-shelves/

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

This is exactly why US "customary" and British Empire Imperial measurements are the best one for this sort of "marketing." 

You see, if damnphoolmetric was used, even I could figure out something is up when the 800ml container is the same price as the 1000ml (1 litre) container I usta get for the same 4 point 39 dollars last year. 

We don't allow this in RV's - you just try and market something smaller for more money to the RV community at your peril.

Maybe "consumers" could hire us...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

3 hours ago, noteven said:

We don't allow this in RV's - you just try and market something smaller for more money to the RV community at your peril.

Apparently, you have not looked at class Bs lately. :)

Also, toilet paper rolls are narrower than they used to be; they no longer fill the roller.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 10/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, sandsys said:

Also, toilet paper rolls are narrower than they used to be; they no longer fill the roller.

Linda

And marketing thought no-one would notice_.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 10/5/2021 at 11:27 AM, sandsys said:

Linda

This is why you get the big bucks Linda. 🤣

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever.