Old Goat's at it again

phoenix2013

The cover for the head unit minus the slot? 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Reading back, I see you did spec plate.  New head for new ET Sr. Jumbo.  Rated for a 50k# trailer.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

After braking the gaps will be welded with heat controlled TGMAW process.

It will have two side holes drilled that could not be lasered due to braking process.

It will be black.

It is a fake ET Hitch top plate for Florida residents to point at and say "it is not a 5th wheel hitch - see - no hole for the king pin" when they are at DMV registering their truck not as a truck but a motorhome. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

1 hour ago, noteven said:

It will have two side holes drilled that could not be lasered due to braking process.

It will be black.

It is a fake ET Hitch top plate for Florida residents to point at and say "it is not a 5th wheel hitch - see - no hole for the king pin" when they are at DMV registering their truck not as a truck but a motorhome. 

Okay, this is EXACTLY what I need! Sign me up!! Jay

1 hour ago, noteven said:

It will be black.

This is such a clever bunch, I knew you guys would figure it out.

noteven, I was of the same opinion: It will have two side holes drilled that could not be lasered due to braking process. But I have, grown, learned and evolved.

IaMkDr1l.jpg

dtMlL33l.jpg

The first time I've seen parts with holes bent on the brake at Young's Welding I expressed an "opinion" about holes lining up. They explained that their brake is CNC controlled and they have software for it. They are able to plug in the material grade and properties, radiuses and it calculates springback, etc. After seen the results and line-ups to within few thousands, only my advance age prevented me from experiencing what some describe as an engineering orgasm.

OK my fellow "co-designers", what's the next part I need to design?

56 minutes ago, phoenix2013 said:

OK my fellow "co-designers", what's the next part I need to design?

Decal proclaiming it the Super-Duper ET. And of course, the beefed up parts between that monster head and the frame rails.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

Now, that's not cricket. Posting pics, and then changing them after the fact. My local machine shop has had a CNC press for a few years, now. Each piece off a new source is ran through the QA/QC process, to confirm that the machine knows what it thinks it knows. I believe the library of samples has grown enough that they only QA/QC previously unused material now. It is fun watching it spindle, fold, and mutilate a chunk of steel I can barely move.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

5 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Decal proclaiming it the Super-Duper ET. And of course, the beefed up parts between that monster head and the frame rails.

Well, see this yellow stuff on my face?  That's egg.  I measured the thickness of my ET head today, and it's 1/2".  So, this must be the plate for "ET Light".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN