Hydraulic slide problem

GlennWest

Coming back to Texas from Tennessee stopped at Benton AK for the night. Had to fix truck to. Idler froze up and burnt off belt. Napa had parts and back on road again. But bedroom slide would not go completely out. Checked for obstruction but none. Got here at Huntsville and opposing living room slides out some. Now bedroom slide wouldn't go out completely again. So opened living valves. Have turn knobs on pump to work individual slides this way. This way bedroom slide went out and sealed. Ok. Then closed bedroom slides and bedroom came in some. Also like this pump just runs and don't build up pressure and shut down. Could I just be low on fluid or got a valve leaking by?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glenn, sorry this is NOT an answer to your question, more of a rant forgive me lol.  That being said, the more bells n whistles and goodies gizmos and gadgets in an RV THE MORE TO GO WRONG grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sooooooooo often auto leveling jacks or slide outs or elec awnings fail grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. While side walls and structural integrity and roofs may vary based on cost and quality of one RV versus another, even if you buy a more expensive unit it still has similar appliances and automatic devices  THAT STILL GO BAD EVEN IN HIGH END RV'S... If I were young and just starting Id buy a Blue Bird Wanderlodge with no slides or an old Flxible Bus and do my own build........

FWIW   Yes check the fluid level !!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes everyone take care now

John T  Headed out soon for National Parks, Lots of Boondocking,  California to Texas, then Florida for the winters antique tractor shows and bluegrass festivals  yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

12 hours ago, whj469 said:

Check for 12V.

Might be. Got a amp meter. Will check tomorrow. My Chinese 48/12v might not do what it supposed to. It a 60 amp unit. All my stock converter was 50 amp. Last thing I done was removed dead 12v battery and disconnected stock converter. Pump is running fine though. Sounds good. I will check though

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• 2 weeks later...