Looking For Towing Help for stranded RV

Charles Reyna

Help, I have a stranded 5th Wheel at the Slovacek store in Snook, TX. , I promised them that I would move it by Friday, Oct 1,2021. College Station Ford have had my truck since Monday but started diagnostics today, Wed Sep 29. Unfortunately like all dealerships they haven't diagnosed the cause of the problem yet and aren't sure when I will have my truck ready. 

I have called trying to rent a truck or have the RV towed home (Livingston, TX) or to a local RV park there in the College Station area with no luck. If someone knows the number of a service in that area that can help, please let me know.   I have an Anderson Hitch so a standard hitch doesn't work, however my hitch will fit common rails and we can transfer my hitch to their truck or a phone number of a company that moves RV's I would appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Charles Reyna said:

I have a stranded 5th Wheel at the Slovacek store in Snook, TX. 

Snook is 14 miles to the southeast of College Station, on TX highway 60. It is about 100 miles west of Rainbow's End or 100 miles to the east of Austin. It would sure be a good thing if we could find some way to help.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Have you contacted local RV dealerships to inquire about having your 5er moved?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

6 hours ago, Charles Reyna said:

Help, I have a stranded 5th Wheel at the Slovacek store in Snook, TX. , I promised them that I would move it by Friday, Oct 1,2021. College Station Ford have had my truck since Monday but started diagnostics today, Wed Sep 29. Unfortunately like all dealerships they haven't diagnosed the cause of the problem yet and aren't sure when I will have my truck ready. 

I have called trying to rent a truck or have the RV towed home (Livingston, TX) or to a local RV park there in the College Station area with no luck. If someone knows the number of a service in that area that can help, please let me know.   I have an Anderson Hitch so a standard hitch doesn't work, however my hitch will fit common rails and we can transfer my hitch to their truck or a phone number of a company that moves RV's I would appreciate it.

Why not just remove the Anderson adapter on your kingpin? Then it can be traditionally tow it and open up your options of who tows it. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 9/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, Charles Reyna said:

Thanks everyone my problem has been solved and yes my towing service did provide the towing that I needed.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:04 PM, SWharton said:

Wouldn't your road service tow you, at least to a local campground? When we broke down on the road years ago 2 tow trucks were sent, one for the tow vehicle and one for the RV.

If you don't have road service call you insurer. There is usually some towing included in every policy.

I have not been successful in logging back in to the Escapees Discussion forum to let all those providing advise on this matter, that the problem was solved. First by contacting the Roadside Assistance (Good Sam) who were willing to tow it to a nearby RV park and then by the folks at Slovaceks understanding my dilemma and allowing me to keep the RV there until I got my truck repaired. 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:04 PM, SWharton said:

Wouldn't your road service tow you, at least to a local campground? When we broke down on the road years ago 2 tow trucks were sent, one for the tow vehicle and one for the RV.

If you don't have road service call you insurer. There is usually some towing included in every policy.

Yes they would, apparently they assumed the towing service had towed both truck and RV and were glad to have it towed to an RV park of my choice near by.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, Kirk W said:

Snook is 14 miles to the southeast of College Station, on TX highway 60. It is about 100 miles west of Rainbow's End or 100 miles to the east of Austin. It would sure be a good thing if we could find some way to help.

Thanks for the offer but I no longer have to move the RV thanks to the folks at Slovaceks and the towing service would have it towed, apparently they assumed the towing company they sent was going to tow both truck and RV. They only towed the truck.

23 hours ago, rynosback said:

Why not just remove the Anderson adapter on your kingpin? Then it can be traditionally tow it and open up your options of who tows it. 

Thanks I hadn't thought of that, I get the needed tools together to accomplish that in a bag and store it in the trailer. My problem was resolved the good folks at Slovaceks are allowing me to leave the Rv there until my truck is repaired.

17 hours ago, Charles Reyna said:

Thanks everyone for your advise, I will try to thank each one individually when I have time, thanks again.

Group hugs work if  it is a good group and they aren't too stinky.😀

Edited by bigjim

16 hours ago, Charles Reyna said:

Thanks I hadn't thought of that, I get the needed tools together to accomplish that in a bag and store it in the trailer. My problem was resolved the good folks at Slovaceks are allowing me to leave the Rv there until my truck is repaired.

Glad to here that you don’t have to move it. I was at a campground for the first time that leaves a space open Incase of emergencies like this. So even if they are booked solid, there is always one site open. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3