Escapees still closed, excuse COVID.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a homebase in Livingston near the Escapees and I regularly pick up our mail at the mail center there. I recently encountered a problem with a package delivered to Escapees. The Amazon package was delivered to the Livingston Escapees mail center but I personally did not receive it. After several days of checking and they could not locate it, I was advised to speak to the front office. Today I went to the from Escapees Center office only to find the doors locked and a CLOSED sign. Never payed much attention to it as I always go to the rear where the mail service window is located. So when I checked back at the mail window with the person who actually referred me to go to the front office, they stated they must be closed do to COVID. They gave me a phone number to call. When I contacted them they were very helpful in dealing with my package problem. When I asked about why they were still closed and you had to make and appointment to actually speak to someone I person, their response was COVID and they did not note make those rules they came from higher up. I know we’ve all been forced to deal with the COVID problems but why now that almost all other businesses are open and there are safeguards in place to safely open why is Escapees front office still CLOSED? 

“Happy Trails’

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

Maybe because a lot of the staff didn't get vaccinated?

Howdy!

Plenty of people and businesses choose not to be vaccinated and still conduct and go about there business every day now.

”Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

let's not evolve this into a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated.   It could be someone in the office came down with COVID and exposed a bunch of people and they are short staffed.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

11 hours ago, TXiceman said:

let's not evolve this into a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated.   It could be someone in the office came down with COVID and exposed a bunch of people and they are short staffed.

Ken

Yes it will get closed if you do

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

16 hours ago, chiefneon said:

I know we’ve all been forced to deal with the COVID problems but why now that almost all other businesses are open and there are safeguards in place to safely open why is Escapees front office still CLOSED? 

I have no idea, but I suspect that TXiceman's explanation may be correct.  That, of course, is only a guess.

Question is -- did you ever find your package?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

4 hours ago, LindaH said:

I have no idea, but I suspect that TXiceman's explanation may be correct.  That, of course, is only a guess.

Question is -- did you ever find your package?

Howdy!

No, I spoke with Kelly today and they are reimbursing for the cost of the package. She stated the board makes the decision to remain closed.

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Having survived contracting COVID19 and currently recovering, I completely understand their decision.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961