Roof edge radius screws puckering the EPDM

KodiakJack

The roof edge radius area along the top of one side of our rig is coming up.  The heads of the screws that hold down the radius backing are now puckering the EPDM membrane and will eventually poke through.   So far the roof is still tight.   My plan is to poke through the EPDM and replace the screws with new flat-head screws to hold the backing radius down, and then cover the area with Eternabond tape.  I will do this along the entire side to make sure it is secure. 

I am wondering if anyone has dealt with this issue or might shed some light on what material Heartland uses for this radius under the EPDM?

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

Thanks Vern in T-shirt.

I was planning on goobering the larger screw threads with lap seal but not their heads.  Wanted to keep the area nice and flat under the Eternabond. 

Always thought the under radius was likely sheet metal that had a turn in a roll.  Will find out in the next few days when it cools down enough here in Yuma to wear a T-shirt.

Later,

J

Edited by KodiakJack

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS