Covid shot

7 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Got my little cdc card.

Congratulations! I don't see that it matters why you chose to do so, but I'm sure there will be many others who rejoice with me. To date, there have been 2 Escapees that I knew, 1 active member of these forums, and a good friend of ours from Van, TX that have lost their fight with Covid and died. While we have not met in person, I have concern for everyone who participates in these forums and especially so for fellow long time members. I'll be even more relieved to hear when you have the second shot. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Actually I have antibodies from an early attack. But no one recognizes it. But it free and appears safe. I am sure we will see lawsuites from this later. I am being forced into this and completely against it. But if I going to continuing working have no choice.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Signed up for my booster and a flu shot tomorrow at 5pm.  and will be glad to get it.  Unfortunately  I am at times having to work with people and be around people that don't give a hoot about me or others so I am more than willing.  It ain't like I can just stay inside and away from people all the time. After my last Phizer I was extremely tired and I am not looking forward to that but I can deal with it.

Most of my life I was healthy to  the extreme until I developed a heart issue out of the blue for no explainable reason and now I am more susceptable to other problems. I have a son in law that was extremely healthy until his pancreas shut down in his early 30's so now he is diabetic and that makes his risk factor high. Except for that he is still one of the healthyest people I know. I can't help but resent people that are willing to put others at risk.

Edited by bigjim

The sooner we get more people vaccinated, the better off we will all be.  My wife and I got out Pfizer boosters this morning.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

5 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I have natural antibodies.

My understanding is that those have a life expentancy like the vaccines, which is why we are being encouraged to get the booster under certain conditions.  That being said, the booster needs to be supplemental to the vaccine.

Of course natural antibodies are likely different in each of us, as in level or quantity.

So as a gesture to other that I interact with, I have gotten vaccinated so as to not infect others should I have the virus, although the vaccine is not a preventative but rather protocol for mediation of symptoms, esp severe symptoms.

Marcel

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Actually I have antibodies from an early attack. But no one recognizes it. But it free and appears safe. I am sure we will see lawsuites from this later. I am being forced into this and completely against it. But if I going to continuing working have no choice.

You get a better array of the T and B cells from the vaccine, having some antibodies means you have a little extra boost which is never a bad thing.    

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

So consider me chastized for praising.  I thought I was just relating my personal experience and feelings which at the moment are kind of raw.  I have to admit I have only know 5-6 people personally that have died from it. The first may not count as it was in the early days before the vaccine and he was a 47 year old nurse that was healthy and left behind a wife (also a nurse) and three daughters not completely grown yet.

As far as mandates, I may be wrong but there in not a complete mandate in that there is always a choice but there may be consequences to pay that some are not willing to pay in order to support their beliefs.  My mother was my mandater most of my life. Otherwise I might have been like Paul Alexander who got polio at 6 years and was (maybe is) one of the last people in an iron lung. We are about the same age and grew up in the same general area of Dallas.

This may seem to be aimed at Glen but is not. It is part of the general discussion and my views and observations so I hope no one takes it personally.

Job I just finished in Tennessee didn't mandate it when I hired in. One individual tested positive and all future hire ins were required or no hire. Job before on Texas have card no mask. No card, mask up. So I reluctantly got mine. I don't like it. But I don't do yearly flue shots either. Don't get sick.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

29 minutes ago, Randyretired said:

I am fully vaccinated and will get a booster when time allows.  

Same here.  

We went for our flu shots a couple of weeks ago and DH was also able to get his Moderna booster since he has cancer.  I'll have to wait for my booster when Moderna is approved for such.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

11 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Watch out for the law suites in a few years. Then remember all this praising. Sorry i just hate mandates.

Do you have a drivers license?

Are your vehicles registered, etc?

Do you carry required insurance on vehicles?

Were you vaccinated for childhood illnesses before going to school or while in school?

All mandates.   Nothing new about them, it is a way that any society sets minimum standards that benefit all.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Congratulations on getting the Covid vaccination.  I know it was a mandate, but it could very well save your life.  There are documented cases of those who have already survived Covid once passing away from the Delta variant.

Now, don't forget to buckle your seat belt when driving, stop at red lights, get you pet rabies shots, carry insurance, pay taxes, and all those other things we do that are mandated for the common good of us all.  

We do live with many mandates, but nearly all have an alternative, just as the one being discussed does. Nobody is required to work at a job that requires a mask or vaccination, but you do have to register with the social security department for all jobs. If you wish to vote, you must register, but it isn't a hard mandate as you don't have to vote and many people don't. The same is true for driving on public roads, no license you can drive all you wish, as long as it isn't on a public road. If you travel internationally, you must have a passport. 

2 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Nothing new about them, it is a way that any society sets minimum standards that benefit all.  

It is the cost of living in a community of people and the greater the number of people, the more rules become necessary. It has been a very, very, long time since people lived with no rules of conduct to benefit others. Even animal life has rules that are enforced upon all members of their group.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Nothing new about them, it is a way that any society sets minimum standards that benefit all.  

As has been repeatedly mentioned on the news, George Washington had his troops vaccinated against smallpox so they would have an edge on the British troops.

I wonder how many of Washington's men went to see him to discuss the fairness of his mandate?  "Err, Mr. Washington, sir, I really object to this vaccination mandate.  You're being just as autocratic as that wretched King George!"  I'll bet that went over real well!  😁

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

3 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Yes, I was one that refused to wear a seat belt for years due to it mandated. 

You're such a special person... defying what's asked of you to save a life.  Seatbelts save lives.  Vaccinations save lives.  The only way we'll get over this pandemic is if stubborn people get vaccinated.  Why won't people do that?  It's not your freedom to harm others.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

3 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

You're such a special person... defying what's asked of you to save a life.  Seatbelts save lives.  Vaccinations save lives.  The only way we'll get over this pandemic is if stubborn people get vaccinated.  Why won't people do that?  It's not your freedom to harm others.

Do believe hearing a country that is in better shape than we are with no masks and no vaccinations. So don't believe your statement has merits. And I got sick from a worker fresh from China. But I went home and dealt with it. No one else got sick from me. First time I had be sick in decades.

8 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Do believe hearing a country that is in better shape than we are with no masks and no vaccinations. So don't believe your statement has merits. And I got sick from a worker fresh from China. But I went home and dealt with it. No one else got sick from me. First time I had be sick in decades.

What country would that be?

So you believe the USA would be better off with no masks and no vaccinations? 

Thanks

Edited by pjstough

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

And I got sick from a worker fresh from China. But I went home and dealt with it. No one else got sick from me. First time I had be sick in decades.

I guess the thing I don't understand is you either don't understand or at least it comes across that way that you were fortunate not to have been one that had a severe case. We know over 700,000 were not that lucky to the extreme and many more have had organ transplants and "long haul" issues.  And of course without proper detection you really don't know if you infected anyone else. Many years ago I would do anything to avoid the flu shot mostly with no repercussions but after a couple of bad flu cases and the modernization of the flu vaccine it is no big deal to me now except like a big baby I still hate the needles.

Also I am guessing your parents were not as mean as mine. They made sure I got the shots I needed.  And my mean old dad got seat belts installed in his 54 Ford as soon as they were readily available and we had better damn sure wear them.  Talk about a mandate, they mandated all kinds of stuff and theirs were way more serious than the government ones.  Maybe  that is why one of my kids named her goldfish "mean old daddy" after me since I ended up being worse than my parents keeping my kids as safe and healthy as possible.

Btw I just got back from getting Phizer booster and flu shot at CVS about 16;30 Mountain time.

Edited by bigjim
update

Glenn do you have any idea how many people would have died by now with no maskings and no vaccination?  It would be way over a million and counting.    That you recovered is great - but how do you know what will happen 3-5 years from now with the virus having damaged blood vessels, etc.?   We have no idea what the long term effects will be for people who were infected, but some people develop cognitive gaps  induced by clots the virus caused.   My cousins husband is one such individual.  And how many young heart muscles have been damaged and the extent won't be know for 10-20 years.    You do realize that you were contagious BEFORE you felt ill.   So you could have passed it along to a lot of people, that's what is so insidious about this disease.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

And how many of us will suffer from the side effects of this vaccine? I am sure all these great drugs people took that now have lawsuites. I pray not but I have little respect for our drug manufacturers.