Rv age limit.

bigjim

22 minutes ago, bruce t said:

So a 2000 build $1000000 Prevost doesn't qualify! What about a Newel?

If the owner wants his rules to stick, then the make or selling price won't matter. Letting in an older Prevost or Newel would just open a can of worms over where the line is on what's actually allowed since he's already shown the age rule is meaningless. It's kind of like the old joke where a fellow asks a woman, "Will you sleep with me for a million dollars?" After a bit of thought, she says, "Ok", so he says, "How about for twenty dollars?" Insulted, she says, "What kind of woman do you think I am!" And he says, "We've already settled that. Now we're negotiating the price." ;) 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

10 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Letting in an older Prevost or Newel would just open a can of worms over where the line is on what's actually allowed since he's already shown the age rule is meaningless.

In the times that I have come across a park with an age rule, their rules did allow for an older RV that was kept attractive or restored to stay there. I have heard of parks that stick to the age limits, no matter what, but have no personal experience with one. The only time we were ever refused entry to a park the rule wasn't age but size, or something of that sort and it was also motorhomes only. If I could remember the name of the park I'd visit the website to see what it said but...............  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

So I ran across this while doing some research for the J and J rv park in Kanab Utah....  its kind of confusing...do they mean the age of the rv or a person?

2021 Rates

All RV sites include 30 and 50 AMP hookups, water, power, and sewer hookups. Our current rates are:

• Tent sites: $23 per night + tax
  • Back-in 40 ft. RV sites: $43 per night + tax
  • Back-in 45 ft. RV sites: $45 per night + tax
  • Pull Through RV sites: $49 per night + tax
  • Additional charge over 7 years old of $5.00 per person per night.

12 minutes ago, palmeris said:

I would expect that they mean that children under 7 do not have an extra charge gut those 8 and up cost $5 each, probably assuming that there are 2 adults in the RV. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, palmeris said:

Since it says "per person" I would assume it means a person; not the age of a RV.  However, this is really strange.  The park doesn't have anything for children and no pool so why charge extra?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

5 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Since it says "per person" I would assume it means a person; not the age of a RV.  However, this is really strange.  The park doesn't have anything for children and no pool so why charge extra?

Because they want to discourage children even more.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It is sad that RV parks have taken the route of the KOA model of Keep On Adding.  But it is a sign of the time that the  parks are mostly full and they can get by with the heavy handed policies.  Of course it is your money and you can take it elsewhere, if you can find an elsewhere.

I think in another couple of years, the RV bubble may burst and there will be a flood of RV on the market and lots of campgrounds sites open compared to now.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

A lot of it it is construction workers. I have started having to travel more for work. All of us have. Hotels have gotten very costly. More of us have rvs now. As far as age I have had no problem. Have had to text pic. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I don’t use private camps much at all but I have pre warned a couple about my rag tag outfits that “look ok going by at 60mph”.
They asked for a picture and the response was “cool truck” etc 

The rusty hub cap was totally ignored.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

4 minutes ago, bruce t said:

Just as an aside I know of a very large RV dealer who won't have a used rv on the site that is over 5 years old. Claims banks won't finance them. So any trade in over 5 years old goes straight to wholesalers.

Age discrimination?

That's not "age discrimination", it's just good business. Car dealers do the same thing depending their particular vehicle age parameters. Once the trade in deal is completed, the dealer owns the vehicle and it's none of our concern what he does with it. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system