GE Appliance Repair Service Lines and Website Down

Velos

I understand there is a pandemic and there is much stress on reduced production, materials and labor shortages.  I am an optimist and sure we will get through this but wanted to prevent anyone else from having to go through this appliance inconvenience.

I know other RV'ers have put GE appliances in their RV's so that is why I am sharing here. My GE gas range started beeping the other night and had a error code F200; we weren't using it at the time and it has performed flawlessly for the last 4 months so is still under warranty.

I called the GE service line 1-800-432-2737 and the phone tree refers me to the website for faster service.  I go to the service website genet.geappliances.com/eservice/service/contact and it has been experiencing temporary issues the last three days morning and afternoon and refers me to the GE service line.  I call again and they can't find my appliance so the phone tree disconnect me: funny but I see my range when I log on to the GE website?  I also Googled GE customer relations and called and emailed and they refer me to the nonworking website and phone number. I also found a 1-800 phone number that was supposed to guarantee a human though there may be a wait and it also refers me to the non-working GE Service line and website. I am retired and have a lot of patience but non-working websites are what late night parody skits are made of this material.

The appliance dealer that installed it is trying to help me get warranty authorization but in our small town the repairman won't come out until GE gives him the warranty release and the repairman can't initiate the warranty action. (I understand they have probably lost on warranty calls in the past so best to get the paperwork up front)  I just want to range to work but would like to get the warranty I paid for in the purchase price.  If not I would like it repaired and will pay for the repair  but would like to know there is a human being at the company that will reimburse me for the service and most probably a part.

Its only been three days without a range, I will keep you posted on the resolution but in the mean time I can not recommend GE Appliances.

Since Haier bought GE appliances in 2016, the quality of service does seem to have declined from the reports I've read. The best advice I can come up with is to keep trying.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thank you for the encouragement.  I will continue till it is resolved.

I received an email this afternoon from the appliance store that they have forwarded my concern to the Company Customer Service Manager and to the GE Manager for Arizona.  I have purchased appliances over the years from the appliance company and have been pleased with the service.  I have not had GE appliances before.

Interesting info Haier bought GE appliance division, I found this article about the acquisition of GE by Haier. 
https://www.madeinamerica.com/chinese-investors/

For anyone else needing to contact GE Headquarters here is their website:
https://corporateofficehq.org/general-electric-corporate-office-headquarters-numbers/

Did you purchase the appliance from the installing dealer or just the installation? If it was both, I would contact them back and tell them they need to get it fix and for them to go after GE and follow up with a letter. If not, contact the better business bureau on them. If that doesn't work, I would get it repaired (maybe elsewhere) and then take them to small claims court or contact a lawyer and see what your recourse is. Send any letters by certified mail so you have a record of the dates. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I hope it doesn't become a legal issue. I did purchase and have the same company install the appliance and the salesman has forwarded my request for warranty work authorization to the company's regional  manager and the Arizona State Regional Manager for General Electric.  

Trivia:
Whenever I have had an issue I start a spiral bound written log (i'm old fashion and some habits never die, I know I could keep a log electronically)  of dates, times, phone numbers and names of who I have spoken with or emailed regarding the issue. As much as we would like to get things solved with a phone call all we have is the phone number and time of call but no content of the conversations.  These days there are phone trees instead of humans, most of the time it is very efficient but there will always be issues that need human intervention.  I have found in the past that the internet is a very helpful resource to find the names and contact information of company executives and write letters to them.   It takes more effort and unfortunately time but I have had success in the past contacting Executives at Best Buy, Home Depot and the USPS to resolve issues that in-store managers are no longer able to resolve because of "centralization" of tasks as a cost saving process. 
I personally had worked for a company that centralized internally and then when the company was sold to an even larger company those tasks were centralized across state lines.  The benefit of that for the client was that federal laws handle transactions across state lines and the limit in this particular industry was 10 days to resolve issues. 
When trying to resolve issues I try to stick to just the facts without adjectives and be sure to include supporting documentation ie advertisements, contracts.  I also use social media to to share my story and company names to help others that might experience the same issues as well as take advantage of big company's spiders that search for their name on the web and maybe get additional assistance. 
Again the Pandemic has exponentially complicated our lives and will have a long lasting effect for years to come.  Our greatest tool to navigate these waters will be kindness, patience and above all tenacity and persistence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  Repairman came on the 9/8/2021.  He has worked with many GE appliances and explained the warranty process. To insure work is covered under warranty before he starts repair he has to check in with GE while troubleshooting. He put his phone on speaker so we could hear what was going on.   We apparently have a bad sensor so that has been ordered unfortunately there is no way to test the board to see if it is bad until the new sensor is installed. 

The sensor should only take a couple of weeks but the board could take 6 to 8 months due to chip shortages from the pandemic.
Its a shame that there is so much fraud with warranty claims that GE has to resort to this process for appliance repairs though I will give them the benefit of the doubt as many manufactures are in the same boat with a shortage of computer chips these days.

Intel CEO's explanation for the shortage of computer chips in general and time estimate till production will catch up with demand:  Source:  https://www.popsci.com/technology/global-chip-shortage/
"The company's  CEO has said he thinks the industry needs one or two years before the shortage resolves."