SKP discounted parks

rynosback

SKPs has a discount directory of campgrounds 15-50% off. I have only tried a few of them, but they are either no longer there or they say that there is not a SKP discount. Each time I write the main office to notify them of this. Has anyone had good success with these campgrounds listed in the directory? 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I have called several campgrounds and inquired about an Escapees discount and been informed that it is no longer available. However my directory is dated 2016 and have been told by Escapees that there is not an updated version, only available online now. I just made a reservation for Sept and the campgrounds Web Site indicates an Escapees discount which the campground informed me when I called them will be applied when I arrive and check in. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

14 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I have called several campgrounds and inquired about an Escapees discount and been informed that it is no longer available. However my directory is dated 2016 and have been told by Escapees that there is not an updated version, only available online now. I just made a reservation for Sept and the campgrounds Web Site indicates an Escapees discount which the campground informed me when I called them will be applied when I arrive and check in. 

I only check it online. For that very reason to have the most updated list.

4 hours ago, Yahoo Ramblers said:

It seems all there is now is the online version and it’s pretty much hit or miss.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one having issues. Are you reporting the invalid information to SKPs?  I think I have reported 3 or 4 of them. 

It's unfortunate that when a park fails to honor Escapees... or any organization .... that they don't contact Escapees saying that's their new policy.  I can't imagine Escapees having to contact every one of the parks in their directory to see if they're still being honored..... and how long would it last before having to contact all of the parks again to update.  I think it's the park's responsibility.  If, by chance, the parks do this then yes, Escapees is dropping the ball by not taking the park out of their directory.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Rynosback is correct. The discount park directory is only online now, though you can download or print the list for offline use when needed. https://member.escapees.com/benefits/discountparking/discountparkdirectory/ You can also use the interactive version here https://member.escapees.com/map/ You can input your starting and end points and set the radius to see what all parks along your route offer discounts to Escapees members, as well as fellow members who offer parking on their private property. (You'll have to be logged into your Escapees account to see all of the listings, as the Parking with SKPs options are not visible to the general public.)

We stopped publishing the paper version of the directory for the same reason listed- parks change management and ownership so often that in the weeks between submitting the final version for printing and distributing it to members, the information in it was already outdated for some parks. We used to publish a mid-year update and send it with the magazine, which helped, but still didn't resolve the issue. To offer a more consistent, and accurate, experience, we moved the directory to online only.

When we're notified of a change in park policy, we reach out to the park to update or remove their listing ASAP. If you run into a park that no longer offers an Escapees discount, you can send that information to our Member Services Team at clubbusiness@escapees.com and it will be assigned to someone to review and address.

In case you weren't aware, there are other parking discount options available to Escapees members, too. 
https://daysenddirectory.com/#/ lists free and inexpensive camping options such as boondocking spots, privately owned land, etc
https://member.escapees.com/members/discounts/ lists the other camping programs that offer discounts to Escapees members (you'll have to be logged into your member account to see the details on discount codes, etc.) Just use the search tool to pull up "Campgrounds & Resorts."

Communications Director

signature logo a.jpg

On 8/29/2021 at 1:21 PM, 2gypsies said:

It's unfortunate that when a park fails to honor Escapees... or any organization .... that they don't contact Escapees saying that's their new policy.  I can't imagine Escapees having to contact every one of the parks in their directory to see if they're still being honored..... and how long would it last before having to contact all of the parks again to update.  I think it's the park's responsibility.  If, by chance, the parks do this then yes, Escapees is dropping the ball by not taking the park out of their directory.

I would think they would have to honor it. They are listed as a discount CG. They should honor it then call SKP and change it or be removed from the program.