Exclusive: Ford Mustang Mach-E Production Capacity Could Be 175,000 Vehicles A Year! (Maybe)

RV_

Wow! If you own Ford stock it should be going up once those numbers become real, as I have no doubt they will. And we have already heard about on of our members thrilled with theirs. If you are thinking about Ford Stock you might want to track this as they go forward. A fail could be a disaster as GM now has with their LG designed and built Bolts which were only assembled from modules they shipped here. All their LG battery packs are defective. Ford is using LG for the Mustang battery packs.. I am a mustang fan having owned a 66 Canary yellow one with the 289 back in the day.

But Ford will do the majority I hope like Tesla did/does. I will be watching this one too.

Excerpt:

"LG Energy Solution is now producing ~5000 Ford Mustang Mach-E battery modules a day. That’s enough for 500 battery packs a day (there are 10 modules in a pack).

So? What’s the news here?

Well, I’ve already spilled the beans in the headline — 500 battery packs a day across 350 days a year (leaving 15 days of break due to various factors that can stop production for a while) would mean enough battery packs for 175,000 Mustang Mach-Es a year! Let’s look at a little more context to explain why this is especially exciting.

When the Ford Mustang Mach-E was revealed in November 2019, Ford indicated that 50,000 units of the electric crossover would be produced in its opening year. A Ford executive confirmed for me earlier this year that that was still the goal for 2021. Of those 50,000, North America was supposed to get 20,000 and Europe 30,000. As we’ve seen in recent months, there has been high consumer demand for the Mustang Mach-E on both continents. That previously led me to speculate that Ford could produce 100,000 units in 2022. I wanted to believe that an even higher number was possible (after all, this is precisely the class of vehicle that people want these days, Mustang is a major brand name, and the Mach-E is a great vehicle across the board), but I also didn’t want to go wild. Additionally, maximum consumer demand is not the same as Ford’s maximum level of ambition and risk tolerance. Ford has to ramp up production capacity to a level that it thinks will be profitable — having a production line that only puts out half of what it can produce or 75% of what it can produce because consumer demand ends up being smaller than anticipated can be disastrous."

Source with more:

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/08/23/exclusive-ford-mustang-mach-e-production-capacity-could-be-175000-a-year-maybe/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire