sealand foot valve problem.

Toilet in my Teton is orginal. About a year or so ago spring broke that holds the valve shut. Now the spring is broke again and foot valve seeps water. I never got the replacement spring to work smoothly. I understand the new 320 dometic foot valve is push down to flush and half way for water. No lifting up. Ours we half to lift up and it is somewhat uncomfortable on the bare foot.They are not costly and about replacement parts are about half the cost of new one. We do have a sprayer on ours which we use. Does the new 320 work this way? Ours look like the 510

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

The Sealand is actually a Dometic 510; parts fit my Sealand exactly, when you remove the plastic shroud that covers the pedestal you should find a sticker with make and model . The new spring design is approx. 1/2 as strong as the original. Do not allow the pedal to slam back to the closed position or the spring breaks in a short while.

When I overhauled our commode I replaced everything for which parts are available. I should have left the OEM spring cartridge in place.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We tried a Dometic 320 and it was JUNK.  With proper water flow and pressure, it would not sweep the front of the bowl.  I would repairing my old Thetford and returning the JUNK. 

At least on the Thetford, you can get repair parts and they are not subject to leaks.  Read up on the 320 problems before you jump in.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

The Dometic 300 series is all plastic, the 500 series has a ceramic bowl.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I have 1 1/2 baths in the 5er and (2) 320s.  One started to leak between the two sections (you cannot take apart to repair) and the other has a weak spring (no parts available)  Mine are 10 yrs old I think the newer ones you can replace the springs, not sure about that.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

• 11 months later...