Hdt pulling 5th wheel wreck in Clarksville TN

GlennWest

1 hour ago, noteven said:

but phoenix - isn't that list sumthin?  Josef Goebbels would be happy. 

Referencing Josef Goebbels made me chuckle.  Yea, you are using your head for something other than a ball cap holder. 😄

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

1 hour ago, RandyA said:

Referencing Josef Goebbels made me chuckle.  Yea, you are using your head for something other than a ball cap holder. 😄

🙂 well - when you do a little study on how one of the most highly educated and technically advanced societies on earth was led into what happened 1939-1945... a lot of the "information delivery" would be very familiar to us today... Herr Goebbels wrote books on how to do it...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

5 hours ago, RandyA said:

Some of the most "clueless" people I know have college educations.  Don't sell yourself short by using that yardstick.

I refer to that as "Being educated beyond their intelligence."

I sit on a board for a conservation group, as vp.  I'm nearly the only person without a phd.  I'm also just about the only one who doesn't have a job at, or is retired from, an institution of higher learning.  It makes for interesting discussions.  Big brain tree huggers v. common sense.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Full disclosure here. I experienced a several years hiatus between the secondary education and the college education. The reason, immigration to a new country (legally), shedding European culture and communist indoctrination, assimilating into a new culture and earning a living for a few years as a skilled worker, rather than as an "intellectual". Meaning that when campus intellectuals got to work on me to turn me into an "intellectual" I was seasoned enough and mature enough to distinguish between the beauty and power of knowledge and the interspersed clumps of BS. I am at awe at the scientific prowess I've seen in the US. I've worked with the best and the brightest. Why do you think the mighty China still send thousands of their best and brightest to our universities and they thrive. I'll offer an "opinion" why they thrive, they arrive with a bit of an inherent maturity, they absorb what has us at awe and they manage to avoid the clumps of BS which these days have grown to lawns of BS.

A year back I was "curious" and as part of project research learned these facts. During WW2 when we beat everyone 7% of Americans had college degrees, during Apollo and moon landing decade 14% had a college degree. Now it's over 30%, wow an awful lot of "intellectuals". No wonder that clerks these days have college degrees as well as the baristas at Starbucks.

Looking at the curriculums I posted above I didn't see anything that would focus on study of facts, it was more about how you generally perceive things, how you feel about it and how you discuss it. A perfect recipe for creating ignorant loudmouths.