Question about Mail Forwarding Form

Escapees is closed for the day and I thought someone might have set up mail forwarding and remembers this.  This is about postal form 1583 that I fill out, get notarized, and send to escapees.  Item 8 is for the 2 forms of required dentification.  In the instruction below, who is the agent?  I'm thinking it must be me!

Two types of identification are required. One must contain a photograph of
the addressee(s). Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates
are unacceptable as identification. The agent must write in identifying
information. Subject to verification.

The agent is the company doing the mail forwarding. I believe when we did ours it was OK to fill it in ourself. Just needed to send them copies of our ID's

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

That's true, but I believe it also applies to item 8

8.Two types of identification are required. One must contain a photograph of
the addressee(s). Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates
are unacceptable as identification. The agent must write in identifying
information.
Subject to verification.

The way I read it is if you are filing by mail, the notary pubic needs to fill in the 2 types of identification as the agent is not available.

It probably doesn't make any difference, but the instructions aren't clear.

5 hours ago, Twotoes said:

The notary is your agent. Any time you have a document notarized the notary needs to see 2 IDs including your driver's license. 

Driver's license and passport work really well.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

13 hours ago, Twotoes said:

The notary is your agent. Any time you have a document notarized the notary needs to see 2 IDs including your driver's license. 

I wasn't referring to the notary seeing 2 forms of identification, but filling in item 8 which specifies what the 2 forms of identification are.  If you do this at an escapees event, then escapees is the agent and they fill it in and it doesn't need to be notarized. 

It appears when the agent is not present and a notary public is used, then they fill in item 8 as well as sign as notary that they have witnessed the applicant sign the form and viewed 2 forms of id.

19 hours ago, sandsys said:

Driver's license and passport work really well.

Linda

I had a form notarized last year in NY state, and the notary suggested my drivers license and passport as well. I showed her my NY Enhanced Drivers License that also serves as a passport for surface travel between the US, Canada, Mexico, etc, and asked her if that covered both. She laughed and said that was a good question that she couldn't answer. Then I added my VA benefits card to complete the process... :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system