President Biden requests production increases from OPEC

noteven

It is my understanding that NONE of the oil from the Keystone XL pipeline would be available for use in the USA. The oil was to be transported by pipeline to Houston where it would be refined and sent to China. Also, I have seen others post that even thought the pipeline wont be built, oil that would have flowed through the pipeline is being transported to Houston by truck and train, so cancellation of the pipeline has virtually NO effect on oil supplies in the USA.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

15 hours ago, pjstough said:

It is my understanding that NONE of the oil from the Keystone XL pipeline would be available for use in the USA. The oil was to be transported by pipeline to Houston where it would be refined and sent to China. Also, I have seen others post that even thought the pipeline wont be built, oil that would have flowed through the pipeline is being transported to Houston by truck and train, so cancellation of the pipeline has virtually NO effect on oil supplies in the USA.

That is my understanding too.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If TC had worked out a much less environmentally sensitive routing, KXL would likely still be under construction, if not already completed. The extensive leakage history of the existing Keystone pipeline totaling nearly a million gallons, much of it in sensitive areas, doesn't exactly inspire faith in their ability to construct a safer larger pipeline that would have passed through in more sensitive areas.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I must b missing something. I never want fuel prices to ever go up in my dreams but in reality that is not practical or pragmatic. Also I not seeing fuel at outrageous prices.  I believe I have read and heard on the news that distribution after refining has been a problem due to  a shortage of drivers. Also in other shipping.  I do know that in the time of a previous administration I paid over $5.00 a gal. at one point and that was not in Cali or other places where it tends to be highest. My basic understanding and thoughts fall in line with pjstough, ray, and dutch.

Best fuel price here today 12August 2024 is $3.34 at COSTCO https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/colorado/colorado-springs

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I do Sam's Club  and lately has been in upper $2.80's.  Nearby Costco is likely competitive I am sure. A good number in the area are $2.99 with others just over $3.01 to $3.09.  Even had 3 nearby had a mini gas war that had them about equal to Sam's and Costco. On that corner was a new Murphy Express that I think was the driver of that pricing.  There has been several in this are that had diesel lower than unleaded which is unusual. This is the Albq. market.  Out of town it tends to be higher.

Lowest Gas Prices in Dallas

Price Station Address City Time
2.57 Sam's Club 2900 W Wheatland Rd Dallas Aug 13, 1:22 AM
2.58 Costco 250 W US-67 Duncanville Aug 12, 7:27 PM
2.61 Sam's Club 751 W Main St Lewisville Aug 12, 1:49 PM
2.63 Costco 851 SH-121 Lewisville Aug 13, 5:40 AM
2.63 Sam's Club 1200 E Spring Creek Pkwy Plano Aug 12, 9:22 PM
2.63 Costco 3800 N Central Expy Plano Aug 12, 8:46 PM
2.63 Sam's Club 301 Coit Rd Plano Aug 12, 6:48 PM
2.63 Sam's Club 1213 Market Place Blvd Irving Aug 12, 5:00 PM
2.63 Costco 1701 Dallas Pkwy Plano Aug 12, 2:14 PM
2.64 Costco 3650 W University Dr McKinney Aug 12, 8:05 PM
Provided by GasBuddy.com
Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Local gas prices near our Adirondack cottage site range from a low of $3.09 to a high of $3.33. Oddly, the highest priced station is one that has nearly always been among the lowest in the area. They're an independent regional chain that buys spot market gas, so I'd guess that pricing is running high right now.

Dutch

My car's electric energy bill has not gone up a penny, in fact I think it just went down. It's Lynn's 2019 Forester that uses gasoline and is parked mostly until fuel comes down. We will replace that soon with a new Tesla, and sell my last 5 gallon gas can as we have no gas lawn mowers or other gas tools, even my two chain saws are battery. The Forester is our last fossil fueled possession!

It will have a trailer hitch like the Forester has to pull a small RV teardrop/travel trailer.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

From AAA, 

NATIONAL AVERAGE STABILIZES AS GAS DEMAND DIPS AND CRUDE PRICES REMAIN HIGH

August 12,2021

Largest Weekly Changes

• Since last Thursday, these 10 states have seen the largest changes in their averages: Michigan (−4 cents), Delaware (−4 cents), Maryland (−4 cents), Alaska (+3 cents), Kentucky (−3 cents), Wyoming (+2 cents), Colorado (+2 cents), Illinois (−2 cents), Ohio (−2 cents) and Indiana (−2 cents).

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That's a good sign, I hope it continues. I was out and about earlier today, and noticed a couple of the high volume stations in the area have dropped a few cents. It would be good to see the others come down a bit as well when they refill their tanks.

Dutch

Colorado up 2 cents on that chart.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

57 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Colorado up 2 cents on that chart.

What is it costing where you are now? Just across the street here in Mesquite, TX is a Circle K-Valero station that is currently at $2.699 for unleaded and $2.789 for diesel. The AAA report says that TX average is $2.845 but the highest price we say yesterday when driving about 15 miles to our son's house was $2.799. I wonder how they get their price information.

22 hours ago, RV_ said:

My car's electric energy bill has not gone up a penny, in fact I think it just went down. It's Lynn's 2019 Forester that uses gasoline and is parked mostly until fuel comes down. We will replace that soon with a new Tesla, and sell my last 5 gallon gas can as we have no gas lawn mowers or other gas tools, even my two chain saws are battery. The Forester is our last fossil fueled possession!

It will have a trailer hitch like the Forester has to pull a small RV teardrop/travel trailer.

Derek - what’s the word on the street for how EV’s will eventually be charged road tax as their numbers take over the world? 
In Canada right now a transport truck covering 120,000 miles annually is paying at least $30,000.00 annually in fuel tax and another  approx $7000.00 in federal goods and services tax on that amount of fuel.

Tracking of commercial trucks by government exists to apply a distance tax - perhaps citizens will accept that on private EV’s? 

Otherwise how do you separate “off highway” electricity at home vs what is being used to power road vehicles? 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Not my job. Mine is a passenger car not an OTR Truck. How do you handle it in Canada?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 3 weeks later...

Glenn,

My old 18 Volt Ryobi chain saws were Good for the time but today's Ryobi and other top brand chainsaws really are better than gas IMO. Power is great and with spare batteries can run as long as I need. Of course assuming you read the reviews. All brands are not alike. We have One 9Ah,two 6Ah, four 4Ah, two 3 Ah and four or five 2 Ah batteries, with the wall charging rack for six batteries at a time. So when I am using a chainsaw, the big angle grinder, the 18 volt shop vac, or the fan I always bring two batteries. 

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 9/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, GlennWest said:

I am curious how those battery powered chainsaws are working. I have been considering one.

One of our neighbors at our NY cottage site had a large tree taken down a few weeks ago. The job was going so quietly that I wondered over to see what was going on. Turns out they were using a hydraulic fluid driven saw on the 50' man-lift, and 18 volt Milwaukee's on the ground for limbing and trimming. The only load noise didn't occur until later when they fired up the chipper. I was impressed by how well the Milwaukee's were cutting and how long the batteries lasted.

Dutch