Fleetwood Class A Gas Motorhome Review opinions?

RV Breeze

Hello, my wife and I are looking to buy our first motorhome. I will be doing much research and studying as I know I should. I understand there are many brands of motorhomes to choose from and I understand that many factors dictate what motorhome we should buy. That being said, we have been looking at Fleetwood Gas class A motorhomes and we really like what we have seen thus far compared to other manufacturers. We would really love to hear any thoughts or opinions good and/or bad from anyone wishing to share there views on Fleetwood.

In my research thus far on Fleetwood Iv seen alot of talk about how they are aren’t what they used to be and such. If anyone would like to share, any info would help us to decide. We are looking at gas Fleetwood Bounders with bunks, they seem to provide all we are looking for but I’d also like to know what other manufacturers I should look at that are comparable to the Fleetwood Bonders ?

We are most likely going to buy new and most likely next year but I’m starting research early to be as well informed as I can. 
‘Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you all in advance

Richard

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy to have you and will do all that we can to help you find an RV that will fit your needs and serve you well.

Fleetwood of today is a different company than the one that existed prior to 2010 when it was sold as Fleetwood RV, now owned by the REV Group, a conglomerate owned by American Industrial Partners (AIP). All of that has little to do with today, but is only interesting history. As to rating the company's products, that would need to be done model by model as Fleetwood builds some very expensive coaches like the American line and they also sell some at the lower end of the price market, and Bounder is one of those. The Bounder is not a bad coach but as you lower the price of new RVs, the quality and amenities must also be lowered. I have known several people who owned Bounders and were satisfied, but you need to compare it to others that are in the same price/quality range group.

Before you buy a Bounder, I would suggest that you should also look as some of the other gas coaches.  Winnebago, Tiffin, and Newmar are all brands that I believe are of higher quality than the Bounder, but that isn't nearly as important as it is that you at least spend some time looking at them. Since you have no previous RV experience, I would strongly suggest that you spend the money for a membership in The RV Consumer Group and take advantage of the educational materials that they provide to new members. I think that you will learn a great deal from them which could very likely save you money in your selection.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI