Anyone Using Starlink in their RV?

Starlink is not "mobile friendly" at this point in the beta testing, but it is coming. They're still geolocking the user terminals in most areas I understand. Full mobility is hoped for by the end of the year though, and they have applications in to the FCC for mobile terminal design approvals.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Check out Tucks' Truck and also the Starlink Reddit (new) or Starlink Reddit (old) for more info.

We've had a fixed home Starlink setup since March and would love to take it on the road next year, but I have reservations . . . mostly about losing access when we return home from the road. So I'd consider buying another unit just for the road. We'll see how Starlink shakes out over the coming months.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Ray from the u toob channel Love Your RV has StarLink beta - they are using it on south Vancouver Island. 

He moved the rig from home base camp this way and that and put up a video showing how far away it would still work.  

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2021 at 11:23 PM, Zulu said:

Check out Tucks' Truck and also the Starlink Reddit (new) or Starlink Reddit (old) for more info.

We've had a fixed home Starlink setup since March and would love to take it on the road next year, but I have reservations . . . mostly about losing access when we return home from the road. So I'd consider buying another unit just for the road. We'll see how Starlink shakes out over the coming months.

We bought Starlink for mobile use. Around half of the places we like to go are either full or do not have service.

Places near recreational homes (even with wired internet and cell service) are full.

Remote places with few to no users do not have service.

For a month I've tried switching to 2 locations that are full without luck. My advice is don't change your location if you need the service.

Edit: I was just on Starlink. A cell that I could switch into and out of 3 days ago is now full. With 5,000+ being shipped/week it's going to happen more often. If it gets down to 1 out of 3 cells we want to use are full we'll go with another satellite system.

Edited by ALLOY

2011 Cameo 34SB3