I want to learn to drive our 42ft Tiffin motor home

Joan1

This is the place to learn:  https://www.rvschool.com/school-locations/

We always felt it was important for both husband and wife to know how to do everything regarding their RV.... driving and dealing with the hookups.  You never know when one would be sick or injured.  We both took turns with every move during our 16 years of full-timing so that the skill could be kept up and without panic if needed to do it in short notice.  It was especially nice during our all summer trip to Alaska.  Then each of us could enjoy the scenery.

Good luck!  You're doing the right thing.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Assume you can drive a car, right?  Then big empty parking lots are the place to go.  Get number of orange cones, use any stripping, etc. and practice, practice practice.  Going forward, backing up.  Left turns, right turns, forward and backwards, figure eights.  Trying industrial park areas on Sundays when no one is around.  Get the feel for when to turn, etc.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

As 2Gypsies mentioned, I would recommend an RV Driving class to get somepractices and  basics about how driving a motorhome is a bit different than driving a car and get other tips. Then, as Barbaraok mentioned, practice. Don't let anyone tell you that a woman can't drive "one of those things."

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

As I read the OP  the statement was 

2 hours ago, Joan1 said:

…….our Tiffin class A motor home. 

So I am assuming a partner can get her to a big lot to practice, practice, practice.  This isn’t rocket science, it is all about practicing.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

This utube video is a good beginning training aid. On the same page are many more such videos, some more advanced than others.

Backing an RV is also very important, both driver and ground guide should know the same hand signals, when and how to use them. There are two parts to this video:

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961