Update about wrench shorting out on battery

I keep old motorsickle inner tubes and cut them up to make flaps to insulate nearby surfaces when working around batteries that are in stupid locations. 

Strips of tube make good tur...tourni...torna... "turn a keys" for sino plastic hoses and cords that won't coil up.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:17 AM, Ray,IN said:

However that wrench does nothing to prevent shorting battery connections to ground with the opposite end, it merely protects the user from getting an electrical charge or burned by the hot wrench.

That wrench is electrically insulated from end to end, no metal in the middle.  I used insulated tools on the job as a lineman when working on lower voltages,but when rubber gloving voltages at 12K and 21K volts, we used our regular tools and plenty of rubber blankets and hose to protect ourselves.  I purchased this wrench a few years ago to work on battery connections in the trailer as well as an electric golf cart, and it works well:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079L8C1W9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by 57becky