Smartcar oil change refusal

GlennWest

To my surprise all oil change centers in Clarksville TN refuse to service my Smartcar. Won't even if I supply filter. Now this is a Saturday so no independants are open. I have never had a problem in in other town. Considering asking park owner but likely that will be a no. Nearest dealer is Nashville and that not possible without me taking off from work. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

6 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

To my surprise all oil change centers in Clarksville TN refuse to service my Smartcar. Won't even if I supply filter. Now this is a Saturday so no independants are open. I have never had a problem in in other town. Considering asking park owner but likely that will be a no. Nearest dealer is Nashville and that not possible without me taking off from work. 

Howdy Glenn,

Do like I do, change the oil while it's loaded on the truck.  EASY just put your drain pan under the car, remove the filter, don't have to crawl around on the ground wish all my oil changes were so EASY.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

They're too narrow for the tracks at the drive through oil change places. DIY.

But I am in Tennessee at an rv park. DIY prohibited. I never had a refusal in Texas

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

But I am in Tennessee at an rv park. DIY prohibited. I never had a refusal in Texas

Use the parking lot of O'Reilly's. Pep Boys, Walmart, etc. Bring a tarp to ensure no spillage, leave the lot cleaner than when you started. If you use an oil sucker, there's zero chance of a spill.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I'm with Glenn, never had anyone refuse to change mine in Texas. Maybe we just have more knowledgeable "technicians" than the place in Tennessee? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

8 hours ago, GlennWest said:

You must have it open under your car. Mine not.

Howdy Glenn,

I am assuming your replying to my post.  I have a full flat top covering on my deck, there is about 5,6 inches of clearance under the car, plenty of room to place the drain pan and use a wrench to remove-replace oil drain plug and filter.  My Smart Car, is the Barbus model and is lower then the other Smart Car models.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Glen,

Look for some of the primarily tire dealers like Matlock or Best One.  They do auto services also.  Never had one in our area refuse.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

5 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Glen,

Look for some of the primarily tire dealers like Matlock or Best One.  They do auto services also.  Never had one in our area refuse.

There is a Bestone in Clarksville. Unfortunately this was only saturday  I will have off for a while.

I installed a Fumoto valve on mine. To retain the screen on the original plug you can drill and tap a hole in it, then choose a Fumoto with the appropriate threads to match. (A tip I learned from the smart car forum.)

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car